Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Darrius Shepherd

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Darrius Shepherd

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Does Shep need to make that catch? Yes.

Did he get a bit unlucky slipping on the turf adjusting to the throw? Yes.

Those are not mutually exclusive statements.
    This is correct! I also think if Shep is a veteran receiver and the QB is a rookie, then the QB would be getting more flak. However, Shep is a rookie who has proved nothing in the league. Shep is going to get the majority of the flak until he starts making plays. It was a tough catch due to the throw/slippage, but he has made tougher catches before. Making that catch would have been nice redemption. Instead it’s just another heap on the shitpile.

A little something I saw on twitter

Matt LaFleur on Darrius Shepherd after rookie's rough Monday night: "We’ll stick with Darrius. You know we trust him. It’s unfortunate that happened. All you can do is, guess you got to learn from it. He’s a young player. I don’t think you just cut the cord off one mistake."

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/s...406015490?s=21
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

Matt LaFleur on Darrius Shepherd after rookie's rough Monday night: "We’ll stick with Darrius. You know we trust him. It’s unfortunate that happened. All you can do is, guess you got to learn from it. He’s a young player. I don’t think you just cut the cord off one mistake."

Guys get boot every week for less than Shep did.

Hope that was his bad game for the year

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Guys get boot every week for less than Shep did.

Hope that was his bad game for the year
    None the other guys got booted from the Packers that had similar issues on Monday.
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post

This makes me appreciate Lafleur. The fans were certainly calling for Shep’s release after Monday’s performance, but thankfully they don’t make the call. We see hyped guys like Christian Hackenburg and Brock Osweiler get several chances after proving time and time again that something is just missing, while undrafted guys get the boot for one mistake. The Packers liked something in Shep, and unless some all world slot receiver/returner becomes available, I think they are smart to develop him and see if the potential that they saw in him can come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    This makes me appreciate Lafleur. The fans were certainly calling for Shep’s release after Monday’s performance, but thankfully they don’t make the call. We see hyped guys like Christian Hackenburg and Brock Osweiler get several chances after proving time and time again that something is just missing, while undrafted guys get the boot for one mistake. The Packers liked something in Shep, and unless some all world slot receiver/returner becomes available, I think they are smart to develop him and see if the potential that they saw in him can come to fruition.
    Osweiler retired from football according to ESPN; 7 years was enough for him.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Osweiler retired from football according to ESPN; 7 years was enough for him.
    The $41 million he "earned" in those 7 years makes that decision a bit easier.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Does Shep need to make that catch? Yes.

Did he get a bit unlucky slipping on the turf adjusting to the throw? Yes.

Those are not mutually exclusive statements.
    Also does Aaron Rodgers need to put the ball on the pylon so that Shep scores? Yes

It helps him significantly that the Packer wide receiving corp is a MASH unit and they need all the healthy bodies they can get. If everyone was healthy it might be a different story on keeping him.

Hopefully Shep bounces back and makes some plays next game.