Page 88 of 181 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

KVLY has been steadily improving. I agree though their video does look a bit dim and washed out.

Timmerman still sucks though.

Fire Timmerman

It would be nice if they showed a wider view of the field during plays. They zoom in a rb/wr/te and that is all you see on the tv. Stay zoomed out a bit and have another camera on close ups of the play.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It would be nice if they showed a wider view of the field during plays. They zoom in a rb/wr/te and that is all you see on the tv. Stay zoomed out a bit and have another camera on close ups of the play.
    This would be my biggest complaint. They've been doing this for years. It's like going deer hunting with your scope cranked up to 14.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That's on the tech director not giving correct directions to his camera people (I know this due to doing it for AAA MiLB baseball games). Being that this has been an ongoing issue for many years, I believe the tech director doesn't know how to film football.

With all the pro and college games covered by the big networks, one would think that the tech director has seen enough games to figure out by now. Heck, all the VNL tech director needs to do is mimic what the ESPN crew does when they cover NDSU games. Better yet, the tech director should see what the Bison All-Access crew is doing. That video feed does a lot better too.
    Hail the BISON!!!

This last game was the best for me also, there were a few glitches but over all they did fine ... timmerman even complimented the bison a couple times ... still cleaning the pizza off my walls.
    When Lee starts talking I mute it almost until the snap ... really felt good doing it.
    Overall they are light years ahead of some of the other stations in the MVFC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Don't tell them to do that. ESPN seems to show crowd shots after almost every play or every big play. I'd rather see what the players and coaches are doing than giving more camera time to people in furry hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

With all the pro and college games covered by the big networks, one would think that the tech director has seen enough games to figure out by now. Heck, all the VNL tech director needs to do is mimic what the ESPN crew does when they cover NDSU games. Better yet, the tech director should see what the Bison All-Access crew is doing. That video feed does a lot better too.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Don't tell them to do that. ESPN seems to show crowd shots after almost every play or every big play. I'd rather see what the players and coaches are doing than giving more camera time to people in furry hats.
    I'm sensing a little Tatanka-envy in your post.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Somehow we never get on TV when we are up in row BB or GG.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Another missed play......great camera work guys.