Page 64 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

KVLY isn't ESPN. As has been stated, look at other teams in the Valley as well as other FCS schools when it comes to broadcast quality and you would probably give KVLY and Emmy!! I like the food analogies, so here is mine. The meal is broadcasting NDSU football. The steak (game broadcast) is pretty good. HD coverage of all games home and away. A little gristle to pick out (Timmerman) but a great main course. The side dishes (pregame, halftime) are edible, not the best potato and vegies, but a good compliment and better then nothing. There was a time not too long ago where we were going hungry and surviving on table scraps when no away games were broadcasted and only a select few home games were.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Have you watched any of the games on Midco? Even their d2 and naia football games are better than our games on nbc. So, no, I don't think it is expecting too much to expect a quality FCS product.
    Doesn't Midco do a lot more games than KVLY though? Plus all the other sports they do? From cameramen to graphics I'm sure KVLY doesn't have many highly qualified or experienced resources for football games. That's not to excuse the obvious improvements they can and should make, but it does mean it's a lot tougher for them to put out a high-quality sports broadcast.

I think that's just going to be a compromise of getting the games on state-wide over-the-air TV. Right now I'm still pretty happy the games are in HD and we get our local crew for away games.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Doesn't Midco do a lot more games than KVLY though? Plus all the other sports they do? From cameramen to graphics I'm sure KVLY doesn't have many highly qualified or experienced resources for football games. That's not to excuse the obvious improvements they can and should make, but it does mean it's a lot tougher for them to put out a high-quality sports broadcast.

I think that's just going to be a compromise of getting the games on state-wide over-the-air TV. Right now I'm still pretty happy the games are in HD and we get our local crew for away games.
    You are correct regarding Midco. And I realize the priority is having the FBS games on statewide TV just wish there was a way to have Midco do the broadcasts and still have it air statewide.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Have you watched any of the games on Midco? Even their d2 and naia football games are better than our games on nbc. So, no, I don't think it is expecting too much to expect a quality FCS product.
    You are comparing KVLY to a fulltime sports channel - I would hope Midco is better. That channel exists to broadcast sports. The level of school is not the issue - it's the investment they are making for their business.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Does ESPN College Extra show the whole game? Wondering if I can get it. I have Time-Warner (Spectrum) Cable.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Does ESPN College Extra show the whole game? Wondering if I can get it. I have Time-Warner (Spectrum) Cable.
    As far as I know, ESPN College is DIRECTV only. And yes, they show the same broadcast as ESPN3.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    As far as I know, ESPN College is DIRECTV only. And yes, they show the same broadcast as ESPN3.
    .....thanks.....

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    It's a good $ 12.99 steak. I certainly would expect more if it was a $79 steak. But it's not, it's KVLY a small-time production crew. Doing a job for a smaller University that has a football team out producing its level.

The thing is KVLY does a better job than other dcs and just as good job or better than most broadcasting at the FBS level. Kvly is really out performing capabilities and is more on par with the subprime ESPN level.....some of those ESPN broadcast are brutal.

Do they need to improve absolutely but just like the team and our play some of you have expectations that are unrealistic.

Btw... that's not suggesting that we shouldn't expect the best. Rather it's saying we don't have to kick people for doing their best or when they are not out-performing at their level.
    The problem is most of the issues are not the steak. It's getting a menu (the mics working) or making sure the server gets you a refill (coming back from commercials on time). I can live with (but still don't understand) the replays being too zoomed in because I can rewind - I know not everyone can, so that needs to get fixed eventually, but it's not a necessity for anyone to enjoy the game. Fix the easy issues that can be fixed right away and KVLY will get a pass on some of the other parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    The problem is most of the issues are not the steak. It's getting a menu (the mics working) or making sure the server gets you a refill (coming back from commercials on time). I can live with (but still don't understand) the replays being too zoomed in because I can rewind - I know not everyone can, so that needs to get fixed eventually, but it's not a necessity for anyone to enjoy the game. Fix the easy issues that can be fixed right away and KVLY will get a pass on some of the other parts.
    This is my biggest complaint...by far.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It still isn't a good steak...just better than others at our level...but our program isn't really at their level. They are professionals and they have been doing this for a while. There should be improvement. I do believe there has been improvement...but there should be more.
    Hey I could get a good look at a steak by sticking my head up a bulls ... ah nevermind