Page 54 of 181 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Timmerman's issue is his trying too hard to sound objective. I don't think he realizes no one expects him to. He is a Bison announcer for the Bison broadcast of a Bison game. He doesn't have to go full homer, but he doesn't have to go out of his way to not sound like a homer. The couple of plays that stuck out was the PI call where it wasn't as obvious as he made it out to be. There wasn't an angle that showed the backside of the play, so I can't say with certainty it was a great call, but Timmerman could. The Frazier fumble was not that immediately apparent to be an obvious fumble. I wanted to see the replay to see if his knee touched first. I would have no matter who fumbled the ball because he was on his way down. There was an incomplete pass to Shepherd that really could have been called of been called a catch and the replay wouldn't have overturned that call either, but Timmerman's initial reaction was it was clearly incomplete.

My point is it while it was easier to focus on when he was talking about Bison plays, he jumps in very quickly to offer his judgement where he thinks it is for the viewer's benefit and people watching can clearly see the result was not so obvious. It becomes annoying. I was asking myself if he is watching the same game. He doesn't have to go out of his way to make sure he sounds objective, he just has to talk about the game as if he is watching the same game as the viewer.
    ^^^^^^this

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    My favorite is when he predicts a flag and is wrong 50% of the time
    My favorite is when you can hear him making a comment while the play-by-play announcer is still talking about the play IN PROGRESS. He just can't hold it back. It just reeks of that kid on the playground that was always like, "I knew it first! I knew it first!"

And that banter between those two is so dry and humorless. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakNate View Post
    My favorite is when you can hear him making a comment while the play-by-play announcer is still talking about the play IN PROGRESS. He just can't hold it back. It just reeks of that kid on the playground that was always like, "I knew it first! I knew it first!"

And that banter between those two is so dry and humorless. Ugh.
    Timmerman and Trump should do the same thing. Shut up sooner than they think they should. Less is more boys.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Timmerman and tony should do the same thing. Shut up sooner than they think they should. Less is more boys.
    Hey, nothing that even smells partisan, please.

Anyway, I fixed your post. My wife puts in better, kōan-style: "The sound of one hand clapping - a butterfly's wings. The sound of one man laughing - tony has tried to be funny."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hey, nothing that even smells partisan, please.

Anyway, I fixed your post. My wife puts in better, kōan-style: "The sound of one hand clapping - a butterfly's wings. The sound of one man laughing - tony has tried to be funny."
    I guess you just trumped Meaty? ...
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

I like Shawn. Timmerman isn't that bad but I don't like his personality. Just too boring. And Timmerman and Shawn have terrible chemistry. I'd like to replace Timmerman with someone from outside of the area who doesn't sound like they are from North Dakota. Need some flair. Hire some one with some personality.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I like Shawn. Timmerman isn't that bad but I don't like his personality. Just too boring. And Timmerman and Shawn have terrible chemistry. I'd like to replace Timmerman with someone from outside of the area who doesn't sound like they are from North Dakota.
    The Czar of the playbook perhaps?

I wonder who Timmerman would ever have chemistry with?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The Czar of the playbook perhaps?

I wonder who Timmerman would ever have chemistry with?
    Emory doesn't know what he's talking about but he sounds more interesting talking out of his ass

Radio for example. Scotty and Phil Hanson sounded totally different together. Culhane and Phil Hanson is the same. But it works. Contrasting personalities and voices. Shawn and Timmerman are professional and knowledgeble but they go together like peanut butter and ketchup.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Emory doesn't know what he's talking about but he sounds more interesting talking out of his ass

Radio for example. Scotty and Phil Hanson sounded totally different together. Culhane and Phil Hanson is the same. But it works. Contrasting personalities and voices. Shawn and Timmerman are professional and knowledgeble but they go together like peanut butter and ketchup.
    I feel like Timmerman tastes more like rancid mayonnaise.

Contrast in styles:

Ed Schultz: "When the locusts come, they eat everything" after an incredible Tony Satter run (I think)

LT calling the same play: "They probably should have called holding on NDSU."