Page 53 of 181 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Beth Hoole in leather.

Could have used a couple extra replays of that.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

timmerman loves seWage hockey
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Win or lose he wrecks watching the game on tv period

I've said this before, but NDSU should do what the Vikings do during the preseason and simulcast the radio folks with the TV broadcast.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I've said this before, but NDSU should do what the Vikings do during the preseason and simulcast the radio folks with the TV broadcast.
    That would be a dream come true!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Or just get rid of Timmerman. Shawn is a very good play by play guy and Hoole is improving as a sideline report. Timmerman's personality is just irritating.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Or just get rid of Timmerman. Shawn is a very good play by play guy and Hoole is improving as a sideline report. Timmerman's personality is just irritating.
    I think Shawn is pretty bad too. Like if we're grading 0-100, Timmerman is like a 3 or 4 and Shawn is a 13-16.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Timmerman's issue is his trying too hard to sound objective. I don't think he realizes no one expects him to. He is a Bison announcer for the Bison broadcast of a Bison game. He doesn't have to go full homer, but he doesn't have to go out of his way to not sound like a homer. The couple of plays that stuck out was the PI call where it wasn't as obvious as he made it out to be. There wasn't an angle that showed the backside of the play, so I can't say with certainty it was a great call, but Timmerman could. The Frazier fumble was not that immediately apparent to be an obvious fumble. I wanted to see the replay to see if his knee touched first. I would have no matter who fumbled the ball because he was on his way down. There was an incomplete pass to Shepherd that really could have been called of been called a catch and the replay wouldn't have overturned that call either, but Timmerman's initial reaction was it was clearly incomplete.

My point is it while it was easier to focus on when he was talking about Bison plays, he jumps in very quickly to offer his judgement where he thinks it is for the viewer's benefit and people watching can clearly see the result was not so obvious. It becomes annoying. I was asking myself if he is watching the same game. He doesn't have to go out of his way to make sure he sounds objective, he just has to talk about the game as if he is watching the same game as the viewer.
    My favorite is when he predicts a flag and is wrong 50% of the time

It's like he is trying to make sure that that the opposing fan base watching on ESPN3 won't be offended. He doesn't have to have the objectivity of Paul Allen; but realize he is on local TV broadcasting the local team. He has had moments of ripping the other team. Him ripping on Pelini last year at YSU at the end of the game was pretty good.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    It's like he is trying to make sure that that the opposing fan base watching on ESPN3 won't be offended. He doesn't have to have the objectivity of Paul Allen; but realize he is on local TV broadcasting the local team. He has had moments of ripping the other team. Him ripping on Pelini last year at YSU at the end of the game was pretty good.
    Yeah, it's more boring than anything else.

Holy crap, that SDSU player pretty obviously intentionally injured Bruce Anderson, KVLY actually had a camera showing it, and all he could say was, "Oh?" Really? I've seen 401K power point presentations with more energy.