Page 52 of 181 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    1. On Saturday, I, and the rest of Bison Nation who could not travel to Springfield, MO, were able to watch our Bison play a road game on the big screen in the comfort of our own homes. Not on a computer screen, but in 60 inch HD. SDSU could not do that....
    Correcting one point. I get it that you're saying SDSU did not have some form of network TV production to watch. Actually, for all practical purposes, we did. I watched the game on a 60 inch HD -- it was the same production available on the in-state network in North Dakota. ESPN3 picks up the in-state feed. Using a Chromecast or one of several competing devices, we put it up on the big screen. Looks the same as what you're watching although the ads are different and there are times (e.g. halftime) when the network may be showing something but the feed to ESPN3 shows either game highlights, usually without sound, or just has whatever the stadium cameras have in their field of view. We have the benefit of the state-wide (and region-wide) coverage of WNAX radio if we don't like the home-town guys who are doing the audio for the network feed.
    Go Jackrabbits!

It is to much to go thru to watch the Bison struggle in a football game and listen to the glee in timmerman's voice EVERY TIME THE RABBITS DO SOMETHING GOOD.
    If he wants to be excited about SD then MOVE to SD.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have to admit, she rocks that outfit.
    I support this comment.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Who do we contact about timmerman as he is awful and needs to be gone

The replays were good on the video boards in the stadium. This was our first game in the dome where I could actually see replays with the new boards and was very impressed by the quality of the replays.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Timmerman hates....hates ndsu. It shows
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Timmerman hates....hates ndsu. It shows
    I don't see this at all. He's just really bad at his job.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Who do we contact about timmerman as he is awful and needs to be gone
    Jeremy Jorgenson.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I think Timmerman's issue is his trying too hard to sound objective. I don't think he realizes no one expects him to. He is a Bison announcer for the Bison broadcast of a Bison game. He doesn't have to go full homer, but he doesn't have to go out of his way to not sound like a homer. The couple of plays that stuck out was the PI call where it wasn't as obvious as he made it out to be. There wasn't an angle that showed the backside of the play, so I can't say with certainty it was a great call, but Timmerman could. The Frazier fumble was not that immediately apparent to be an obvious fumble. I wanted to see the replay to see if his knee touched first. I would have no matter who fumbled the ball because he was on his way down. There was an incomplete pass to Shepherd that really could have been called of been called a catch and the replay wouldn't have overturned that call either, but Timmerman's initial reaction was it was clearly incomplete.

My point is it while it was easier to focus on when he was talking about Bison plays, he jumps in very quickly to offer his judgement where he thinks it is for the viewer's benefit and people watching can clearly see the result was not so obvious. It becomes annoying. I was asking myself if he is watching the same game. He doesn't have to go out of his way to make sure he sounds objective, he just has to talk about the game as if he is watching the same game as the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think Timmerman's issue is his trying too hard to sound objective. I don't think he realizes no one expects him to. He is a Bison announcer for the Bison broadcast of a Bison game. He doesn't have to go full homer, but he doesn't have to go out of his way to not sound like a homer. The couple of plays that stuck out was the PI call where it wasn't as obvious as he made it out to be. There wasn't an angle that showed the backside of the play, so I can't say with certainty it was a great call, but Timmerman could. The Frazier fumble was not that immediately apparent to be an obvious fumble. I wanted to see the replay to see if his knee touched first. I would have no matter who fumbled the ball because he was on his way down. There was an incomplete pass to Shepherd that really could have been called of been called a catch and the replay wouldn't have overturned that call either, but Timmerman's initial reaction was it was clearly incomplete.

My point is it while it was easier to focus on when he was talking about Bison plays, he jumps in very quickly to offer his judgement where he thinks it is for the viewer's benefit and people watching can clearly see the result was not so obvious. It becomes annoying. I was asking myself if he is watching the same game. He doesn't have to go out of his way to make sure he sounds objective, he just has to talk about the game as if he is watching the same game as the viewer.
    You nailed it. He tries way too hard to make the big call or the "astute" observation that nobody else saw or he saw first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk