Page 4 of 181 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

WOW!!! Was that a CRAPPY coverage of a game!!! HORRIBLE!!! Couldn't get any downs and distances right. Camera's couldn't follow the plays. Pregame and halftime show is a joke. Kick Berg off of the shows. KVLY needs a real sports director and some real sports reporters. For as big of a town as Fargo is your sports team sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    Even though I was at the Dome for todays game, I do not doubt one bit, that the telecast of todays game was sub-par. And most likely the play-by-play and color commentary also. We DVR'ed the game and will watch it sometime this week, since we are still celebrating the Victory here in Fargo.
    My opinion is that people upset with the broadcast, need to talk to some of the sponsors of the broadcast, whether they be business's, groups or whatever, and tell them your opinions, since this is the best way to get word back to the producers of the game-telecast.
    I, as an advertiser who purchases ads through the Minot NBC station, KMOT, do exactly as many of you, when I watch a live telecast of a Bison FB game, I get the internet radio feed, then match it up with the cable TV feed and watch. This is terrible that folks have to do this, and as for me, who pays to puts a few ads on during the game(s), this is totally unacceptable, and trust me, this week KMOT will here from me.
    I went almost an entire series without sound and there was an ad that popped up on the bottom. I actually switched to the ESPN3 Feed multiple times because of this.

KVLY/KXJB get bought from Hoak by Gray. Shortly after, the product goes to crap. Coincidence? Would be interesting to know how many behind-the-scenes guys have left since the purchase, why they left, and how competitive the wages are for the replacements.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

why can't the trivia be Bison trivia sponsored by random soy bean company instead of stupid soy bean trivia that nobody knows?

I can deal with subpar announcers if the telecast can be technically directed competently. The broadcast was not directed well at all as mentioned in previous posts. It was painful to watch and hear to say the least.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I also sent a constructive email to Beth Hoole and Ike Walker (news director) a couple hours after the game was over. I received a response from Mr. Walker about an hour ago that my note was forwarded to the director of production as well as the general manager of KVLY. I am casually watching SDSU and ISUb at the moment. That Midco production is much better.

Send your e-mails, but please keep it professional and constructive so that the message is taken seriously.
    I received emails back also.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I was surprised at how big of a joke the production was, this is the first game I have been able to actually watch this year. It was way worse than last year. And the worst part was the replays. Instead of showing the play they showed the teams in the huddles and talked about the replay. And as usual Timmerman was horrible, you could hear the giddiness in his voice when the Bison were losing.
    Timmerman is better than Berg.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdcubs View Post
    WOW!!! Was that a CRAPPY coverage of a game!!! HORRIBLE!!! Couldn't get any downs and distances right. Camera's couldn't follow the plays. Pregame and halftime show is a joke. Kick Berg off of the shows. KVLY needs a real sports director and some real sports reporters. For as big of a town as Fargo is your sports team sucks.
    Did you steal that from facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by wtffootballfan View Post
    Timmerman is better than Berg.
    That's kinda like saying getting punched in the balls is better than getting kicked in the balls. Berg has the creeper angle and Timmerman has the whole voice getting higher, increased rate of speech, getting short of breath anytime anything bad is happening to the Bison angle. They both say plenty of stupid shit and shouldn't be part of anything to do with the broadcast.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is this where I bitch about the pre game show and the stupid green screen thing they do it in front of? Stop being cheap and build a set or even better, host it in the dome Maybe we can import Liberty's production crew?