Page 3 of 181 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    This game has just been a travesty on TV. It's one thing for the occasional play where the camera guy gets faked out, but today has been way too much. Plus in years past, the TV timeouts have felt unbearable in the Dome when it feels like the end of every drive. But to have all the TV timeouts and what every other drive is back on time?

Who needs to be told about this? Is this something Matt Larsen should be involved in?

I think its appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't agree for two reason: This is their job and they are paid a lot of money to do it right and they've had years to work out the kinks.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they are under contract for exclusive coverage correct.?.?.

KVLY email address...........mail@valleynewslive.com

bethh@valleynewslive.com

alex.egan@valleynewslive.com

News Director
    Connect With Me:
    ikew@valleynewslive.com

Let's get the emails going. This was really unacceptable and embarrassing to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingslayer View Post
    Let's get the emails going. This was really unacceptable and embarrassing to watch!
    Sent mine to Beth Hoole and the news director.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I also sent a constructive email to Beth Hoole and Ike Walker (news director) a couple hours after the game was over. I received a response from Mr. Walker about an hour ago that my note was forwarded to the director of production as well as the general manager of KVLY. I am casually watching SDSU and ISUb at the moment. That Midco production is much better.

Send your e-mails, but please keep it professional and constructive so that the message is taken seriously.

Is there a reason they don't show replays of critical plays the viewer wants to watch?

I was surprised at how big of a joke the production was, this is the first game I have been able to actually watch this year. It was way worse than last year. And the worst part was the replays. Instead of showing the play they showed the teams in the huddles and talked about the replay. And as usual Timmerman was horrible, you could hear the giddiness in his voice when the Bison were losing.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Is there a reason they don't show replays of critical plays the viewer wants to watch?
    they only have one camera and don't want to be embarrassed they only have crappy shots of the play?

Even though I was at the Dome for todays game, I do not doubt one bit, that the telecast of todays game was sub-par. And most likely the play-by-play and color commentary also. We DVR'ed the game and will watch it sometime this week, since we are still celebrating the Victory here in Fargo.
    My opinion is that people upset with the broadcast, need to talk to some of the sponsors of the broadcast, whether they be business's, groups or whatever, and tell them your opinions, since this is the best way to get word back to the producers of the game-telecast.
    I, as an advertiser who purchases ads through the Minot NBC station, KMOT, do exactly as many of you, when I watch a live telecast of a Bison FB game, I get the internet radio feed, then match it up with the cable TV feed and watch. This is terrible that folks have to do this, and as for me, who pays to puts a few ads on during the game(s), this is totally unacceptable, and trust me, this week KMOT will here from me.