Page 25 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Maybe they should download the Bison app. A roster is on there. Im not too proud to say sometimes I need to check it.
    The sad thing is they get paid to do this and are provided with a roster and depth chart. Pretty sure they are given ample opportunity to even get pronunciation correct and study the roster. I love the Bison app for a quick roster check. Best part? The whole team doesn't get to dress so you only have 60-some players to figure out...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    The sad thing is they get paid to do this and are provided with a roster and depth chart. Pretty sure they are given ample opportunity to even get pronunciation correct and study the roster. I love the Bison app for a quick roster check. Best part? The whole team doesn't get to dress so you only have 60-some players to figure out...
    Do they use a spotter? It is lot to ask for guys to figure out who people are really quickly without a spotter.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Do they use a spotter? It is lot to ask for guys to figure out who people are really quickly without a spotter.
    Like I said, maybe I'm just being uber negative but I don't find it that hard to figure out from my seats in the dome or on my couch watching the TV. Granted I'm not trying to talk at the same time or listen to what someone is saying to keep a conversation going, but I would think this could be a learned behavior. Look at the personnel group that is in, what formation and who is where. All of that can be done silently and rather quickly. More than thrilled OF HAVING coverage on away games though, so don't get me wrong there.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have done this in the past. Just pause your live tv and allow the radio broadcast to catch up. Then it is all together. But if you channel surf during a commercial you will have to sync it back up. I do it for basketball games as well. This year I hope to be at most of the home games for basketball.
    Thanks for the INFO---I will do that!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like I said, maybe I'm just being uber negative but I don't find it that hard to figure out from my seats in the dome or on my couch watching the TV. Granted I'm not trying to talk at the same time or listen to what someone is saying to keep a conversation going, but I would think this could be a learned behavior. Look at the personnel group that is in, what formation and who is where. All of that can be done silently and rather quickly. More than thrilled OF HAVING coverage on away games though, so don't get me wrong there.
    To be fair, I noticed it mostly with running backs and it's damned difficult to keep track of them because it can change every play and the numbers on the current jerseys are tough to read. And I think the key is, as you mentioned, these guys are trying to keep conversation going between plays which makes it pretty hard to keep track of personnel changes.

Overall, I thought the call was pretty good. It's the rest of the production that was terrible, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    To be fair, I noticed it mostly with running backs and it's damned difficult to keep track of them because it can change every play and the numbers on the current jerseys are tough to read. And I think the key is, as you mentioned, these guys are trying to keep conversation going between plays which makes it pretty hard to keep track of personnel changes.

Overall, I thought the call was pretty good. It's the rest of the production that was terrible, as usual.
    funny thing we bitch and SIU fans were totally impressed with our crew
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If your going to do something, do it big and do it right.

I believe we just lost Izzy.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    funny thing we bitch and SIU fans were totally impressed with our crew
    Yeah, I didn't see/hear anything to complain about. I had the radio on about 10 seconds ahead of the TV so I heard both broadcasts.

Thats called talent some sports announces have it and well....some don't. Me personally, I do not mind the on air personalities and or how they are doing their job. It’s the production..... crap camera work mostly

I'm really surprised that they don't have a home broadcast team at SIU. No replay, no broadcast. Did they blow all their money on the stadium?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯