Page 12 of 181 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Anyone get a return answer to their email or phone call? Other than the standard reply of "thank you....received your message/email...we'll get back to you...." etc?
    Bizon football...it ain't golf....be LOUD...be PROUD....BIZON NATION (yes, I stole 'nation' from the Gophers)

Quote Originally Posted by 1bizon1 View Post
    Anyone get a return answer to their email or phone call? Other than the standard reply of "thank you....received your message/email...we'll get back to you...." etc?
    Your comments have been forwarded on to the director of production as well as the general manager for KVLY.

Thanks for writing

Ike Walker
    News Director
    Valley News Live

I have gotten word that it was less than acceptable. It is being addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

I can personally apologize for you not enjoying my sideline reports. I work really hard at my job and I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy my personal work.

We are addressing the poor quality.

Aggressively.

Thank you.

Beth Hoole

I never mentioned Beth's sideline reports in my email, so I don't know why she made that comment. Unless she was using the same response for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by wtffootballfan View Post
    Your comments have been forwarded on to the director of production as well as the general manager for KVLY.

Thanks for writing

Ike Walker
    News Director
    Valley News Live

I have gotten word that it was less than acceptable. It is being addressed. Thank you for your feedback.

I can personally apologize for you not enjoying my sideline reports. I work really hard at my job and I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy my personal work.

We are addressing the poor quality.

Aggressively.

Thank you.

Beth Hoole

I never mentioned Beth's sideline reports in my email, so I don't know why she made that comment. Unless she was using the same response for everybody.
    This was written by someone in communications?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I received the carbon copy reply from Ike Walker and a less carbon copy from Ms Hoole. I pointed out how poor the director's choice was to focus on the Marcus Williams sideline interview while UNI was flying down the field and that it was more appropriate for halftime. Here is the excerpt from the reply:

"As for Marcus Williams, I will make that decision to interview a shining example of Bison success 100% of the time. We made the decision to do it after a Bison touchdown because the mood was better. He was not going to be around for halftime. And he did not get to the sideline early enough for pre-game. While I agree the viewers deserve a better technical production than was provided yesterday, I also stand by the decision that fans deserve to hear from a stand out NFL player and alum on the one weekend of the year he will be here. I’m sorry you disagree.
    Thank you for your comments though. Again, I assure you, you are heard and we are making an effort to identify how so many things went wrong, along with how to fix them moving forward."

I truly hope this mess is rectified before the next game, but it is difficult to understand how that will occur in short order. The Midco production at SDSU was far better for both the NDSU game and the Indiana State game on Saturday. I am really happy that I have opportunity to watch Bison games from afar but as others have stated, this was bad. Perhaps I am being optimistic, but I believe there was a really difficult series of meetings at KVLY first thing Monday morning (today). That's corporate speak for serious butt chewing followed by serious problem solving.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    This was written by someone in communications?
    Those were the email responses I received. Bottom sentence is from me.

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If the athletic department aspires to go to the next level, they need to demand more from television media. Print media is great from Kolpack, Miller calls a great game on the radio, but the TV production was and has been awful. Camera work was junior high school morning news quality, on air "talent" was lacking the talent, pregame and halftime reports are cheesy, trivia questions are irrelevant to Bison football.

I'm sure there was some serious butt chewing this morning, but very little is going to change between now and Saturday afternoon, or even this season. If NDSU aspires to be next level, NDSU deserves a next level television production.

If you want to see change keep writing. I would not make any personal attacks and or call out sponsors (ie the trivia). 1. Personal attacks will be dismissed and 2. I dont care what you say they are not going turn away their sponsors. However, the BS camera, audio and not showing the game even when interviewing...i dont care who they are interviewing is something they need to own

BTW...I have not received a response.

I actually decided to watch the replay on my DVR because of this thread.

1) I actually thought Timmerman and Shawn did a good job. Not great but decent.

2) I thought Beth Hoole wasn't that bad either.

3) Our halftime show is ridiculous and has zero entertainment value.

4) That was the worst camera work in history. Literally the camera man must have been high or had a bad case of ADD.

Literally do they realize that you don't need to show more of the space behind the line of scrimmage?

Do they realize you want to see the arc of the football on a bomb? Or any pass for that matter?

Do you realize a replay shouldn't end after the play starts?

Can you actually zoom out so we can see the pass?

The Illies TD pass was ridiculous.

This person sucked so bad they even fucked up the PATs!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I actually decided to watch the replay on my DVR because of this thread.

1) I actually thought Timmerman and Shawn did a good job. Not great but decent.

2) I thought Beth Hoole wasn't that bad either.

3) Our halftime show is ridiculous and has zero entertainment value.

4) That was the worst camera work in history. Literally the camera man must have been high or had a bad case of ADD.

Literally do they realize that you don't need to show more of the space behind the line of scrimmage?

Do they realize you want to see the arc of the football on a bomb? Or any pass for that matter?

Do you realize a replay shouldn't end after the play starts?

Can you actually zoom out so we can see the pass?

The Illies TD pass was ridiculous.

This person sucked so bad they even fucked up the PATs!
    I seriously think the production crew was drunk

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I seriously think the production crew were drunk
    Thanks a lot, early tailgating!
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif