Page 11 of 181 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    The fact that we even have one at all is nice...granted, its very scripted but I don't mind that show at all.

I think if we want the program to grow to where it should be we all need to move past the mindset that something is better than nothing. I don't think anyone at Boise State would be content with piss poor production just because Idaho State doesn't get all their games televised. It's apples and oranges.

With that being said I'm not trying to dispute your personal opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't mind the show but personally I change the channel to whatever FBS game is on ESPN.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Being on State Wide TV in HD is great plus ESPN 3 simalcast stream.... 5 years ago we were lucky to just get couple of the games on TV at all in standard def with no streaming..... But times change I guess and I would say NBC is doing a sub par job... Chris Berg is bad and beth hoole leaves me wanting more.... I wish Kevin Feeney was back

I liked Feeney as well. I don't think Walker was half bad either. I really enjoy the ESPN team for the playoffs as well. And of course Scotty and team on the radio are excellent.

Which is ultimately my point. This can't be the best they can get.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I haven't watched any of the home games on TV except to rewatch the stream on ESPN 3. Sadly Timmerman is better then the guy for the first game, but the camera work is abysmal and as already noted - you do NOT miss plays. That's fricking sloppy. Hell you have that media person down on the field for that reason. And if you are going to commercial because of injury or something you need a short commercial.

Sloppy. Bring in the crew they had last year for the pregame show. It wasn't awesome but it was better. Halftime... Play Scotty and Co. Hell pay to have them do the audio for both. It'll be too wordy for TV and still be worlds better.

But that probably won't happen

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    I haven't watched any of the home games on TV except to rewatch the stream on ESPN 3. Sadly Timmerman is better then the guy for the first game, but the camera work is abysmal and as already noted - you do NOT miss plays. That's fricking sloppy. Hell you have that media person down on the field for that reason. And if you are going to commercial because of injury or something you need a short commercial.

Sloppy. Bring in the crew they had last year for the pregame show. It wasn't awesome but it was better. Halftime... Play Scotty and Co. Hell pay to have them do the audio for both. It'll be too wordy for TV and still be worlds better.

Too wordy? I get what you mean, but for most of the road games, I sync the tv to the radio and mute the tv. I know I'm not the only one to do that, so why not help us listen to the best option out there? My son listens to the game while we are at the dome. I can't stand the delay the TuneIn radio app gives or else I'd be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post

That's what the Vikings do for preseason games...It works well.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    That's what the Vikings do for preseason games...It works well.
    I know. Since the Vikings were the only Pre-season game I could see I experienced it... and I'll be honest, if I didn't despise the vikings I probably would have been happy with the announcing. All I could think was they needed to shut up (except they're describing for Radio so really can't - dead air is bad) and boy were they a trio of Homers.

That said, I feel that the Scotty/Phil Hansen show is better (its probably just as homerish to someone who doesn't like NDSU) and would be more enjoable

Even for Vikings PA has said on Power Trip that he changes the way he announces slightly for preseason games to take into account TV audience is watching yet still give enough for those listening. I guess I've never listened to radio call to TV for a whole game obviously they do it on highlight videos and such but guess I can't say whether it would be annoying or not? A couple Vikings games I was pretty irritated at the announcers and turned on PA but the delay and not having the option of dvr on TV to sync it better was hardly much better.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Being on State Wide TV in HD is great plus ESPN 3 simalcast stream.... 5 years ago we were lucky to just get couple of the games on TV at all in standard def with no streaming..... But times change I guess and I would say NBC is doing a sub par job... Chris Berg is bad and beth hoole leaves me wanting more.... I wish Kevin Feeney was back
    Shawn and Fenny and a competent production team....get it done

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post

Excellent idea. We want William Hallman!
    Is it bad the kvly's weekend crew is better than their "A" team. Seriously, the weekend crew is much better.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Shawn and Fenny and a competent production team....get it done
    ^^^This. I sent my email to KVLY and carbon copies Jeremy.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck