Page 146 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I've always said, the easiest job in the world is a meteorologist in San Diego, or Las Vegas...i mean, what do those guys do all day? "Yea, it's gonna be sunny again tomorrow...and then the next 7 days as well..probably be warm too. And then more sun."
    Cush job for sure
    Lol, even in Hawaii with its stupid consistent weather the weatherman gets shit - longtime weatherman Guy Hagi gets called Lie Hagi.

Last edited by B. b. bison; 09-24-2019 at 04:15 AM.
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    This is like saying my cell phone drops about 5% of my calls, but that’s better than my last provider who dropped 10%, so these guys are doing pretty good compared to what others are getting.

Nobody’s even talking about or expecting perfection here, so that’s a straw man argument. I, for one, am quite gratified with the fact that most all Bison games are even televised at all, but that doesn’t mean I can’t expect a professional-level effort from a company that holds itself out to be a professional broadcaster.

This isn’t Wayne’s World on cable access!
    If your cell phone company is a small, local company versus a national carrier like AT&T or Verizon you would ecstatic with only 5% dropped calls. The resources and funding the small local cell phone company would have pales in comparison to AT&T but to expect them to provide the same quality service is not reasonable.

And they do much better than Wayne's World but not as good as Fox Sports North or ESPN or ABC. Different budgets, different talent, different resources.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Booger McFarland is the Lee Timmerman of MNF.
    How the hell did he get to the booth? "Hey, people really hated him in the Booger Mobile, so let's promote him!"

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If your cell phone company is a small, local company versus a national carrier like AT&T or Verizon you would ecstatic with only 5% dropped calls. The resources and funding the small local cell phone company would have pales in comparison to AT&T but to expect them to provide the same quality service is not reasonable.

And they do much better than Wayne's World but not as good as Fox Sports North or ESPN or ABC. Different budgets, different talent, different resources.
    Oh yes, I forgot. We are a small little FCS team in a small little Fargo market. We should always be happy with what we have. I will never criticize KVLY again.

It's a free market with open competition for the broadcast rights. If another outlet can do it better and come in at the right price, they should get in on the next contract.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oh yes, I forgot. We are a small little FCS team in a small little Fargo market. We should always be happy with what we have. I will never criticize KVLY again.
    Relative to national networks like ESPN and ABC absolutely. Relative to regional networks like Fox Sports or major market professional teams like the Twins and T-wolves absolutely. Relative to major D1 programs like Michigan and Wisconsin definitely. Relative to other FCS programs we blow them out of the water. There is a local production company that does a high school game every week. They may have 2 or 3 cameras and probably a small truck, but they do a pretty good job with what they have. And this is in a pretty big market. What KVLY does in Fargo is better than that. What they are doing is not easy and there are so many areas where they could have flaws. I have no issue if you desire and demand they be better. But it's also healthy to be realistic and realize we aren't going to get the top crew and equipment from ESPN doing Bison games.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Relative to national networks like ESPN and ABC absolutely. Relative to regional networks like Fox Sports or major market professional teams like the Twins and T-wolves absolutely. Relative to major D1 programs like Michigan and Wisconsin definitely. Relative to other FCS programs we blow them out of the water. There is a local production company that does a high school game every week. They may have 2 or 3 cameras and probably a small truck, but they do a pretty good job with what they have. And this is in a pretty big market. What KVLY does in Fargo is better than that. What they are doing is not easy and there are so many areas where they could have flaws. I have no issue if you desire and demand they be better. But it's also healthy to be realistic and realize we aren't going to get the top crew and equipment from ESPN doing Bison games.
    Lol! Did you just suggest that us small-minded Bison yocals are somehow expecting to get the equivalent of ESPN's top-level crews each week out of KVLY? Show me where anyone in their posts were comparing KVLY to national ESPN. That is your perception of the complaints and your perception only. It's no different than you previously suggesting that we are demanding 'perfection" out of KVLY.

The fact is, when a camera person cannot even follow the ball/play from a simple right to left or left to right motion, that's a reasonable complaint from fans/viewers (hillbillies or not) that has nothing to do with a so-called comparison to national or regional networks.

Lol! Did you just suggest that us small-minded Bison yocals are somehow expecting to get the equivalent of ESPN's top-level crews each week out of KVLY? Show me where anyone in their posts were comparing KVLY to national ESPN. That is your perception of the complaints and your perception only. It's no different than you previously suggesting that we are demanding 'perfection" out of KVLY.

The fact is, when a camera person cannot even follow the ball/play from a simple right to left or left to right motion, that's a reasonable complaint from fans/viewers (hillbillies or not) that has nothing to do with a so-called comparison to national or regional networks.
    Yes Midco makes KVLY look like Western Illinois. I would LOVE to have Midco.

I watch damn little NFL football by choice and I bet I haven’t watched one full game’s worth of action for 2019. But I am also sure I’ve seen one of those cameramen faked out at least once this year, hillbilly.

Demand all you want but humans are gonna human. Even you stud.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I want to see Lee timmerman win an emmy.

Lardsin must go!