Page 157 of 181 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

this is last year of contract i believe. problem is kvrr wont touch it and CBS is KVLY..... and WDAY cant pull it out financially.

Midco is only 17% of the DMA. itS not good folks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I get you. The sound mixing and visual effects could definitely learn from Midco. Not that everything Midco does is perfect, but at least they look like a professional broadcast. Obviously the difference is that they’re an actual sports network, as where KVLY is a news network with sports broadcast rights. Would kill for Midco to outbid KVLY next go around
    I wouldn't. At least KVLY gets all the games on ESPN+. Look no further than the spotty TV coverage for NDSU men's basketball on Midco this year to see why it's better to have a TV contract with a place that doesn't have multiple sporting events at multiple other schools to compete for airtime/broadcast crews with.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I wouldn't. At least KVLY gets all the games on ESPN+. Look no further than the spotty TV coverage for NDSU men's basketball this year to see why it's better to have a TV contract with a place that doesn't have multiple sporting events at multiple other schools to compete for airtime/broadcast crews with.
    Well... to put it casually NDSU football runs train on any other sporting event in the Dakotas so we don’t need to worry about that.

That being said, the fact that Midco is essentially non-existent in ND like Chapo says is the problem. I’m speaking from the out-of-region vacuum...

Did this broadcast have more in-game commercial spots than in the past? It's bad enough that everything ... replays, lineup graphics, kickoffs, sideline updates (Hey, Guys...) all have sponsor mentions. Now it seems they've added even more mini-spots in between plays.

They freshener up a lot of their graphics. Look a lot better to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well... to put it casually NDSU football runs train on any other sporting event in the Dakotas so we don’t need to worry about that.

That being said, the fact that Midco is essentially non-existent in ND like Chapo says is the problem. I’m speaking from the out-of-region vacuum...
    You're probably right but I don't think you can say that with certainty that NDSU football stays at the top of the pecking order as to what is broadcast when there's more Midco subscribers in Sioux Falls and SD than there is in Fargo and ND. It could come down to NDSU having move kickoff times to avoid conflicts with the SD schools so Midco could broadcast both.

But if they would agree to making sure all games are streamable on ESPN3/ESPN+ I'd be fine with it. It is nice to have Bison football on an OTA channel in ND that anyone can get for free but that becomes less and less important all the time and getting the games on a reliable and widely available streaming service becomes more and more important all the time.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this is last year of contract i believe. problem is kvrr wont touch it and CBS is KVLY..... and WDAY cant pull it out financially.

Midco is only 17% of the DMA. itS not good folks
    Last midco football bid included simulcasting on PBS so that the games would be available to everyone in the state. But you already knew that

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Timmerman off color commentary was an improvement in my book. Not great, but an improvement.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Timmerman off color commentary was an improvement in my book. Not great, but an improvement.
    I misread that as "off-color commentary".

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1) The production value sucks and in a post Covid works that is an even bigger deal. It really distracts from the game.

2) I'm going to give the studio a pass on the play calling duties and terrible timing. With BShawn out, they did the best they could I guess.

3) I absolutely loathe the "Bison Time" intro.

4) We have shitloads of space in the Dome, would it kill them to set up a booth in one of the corners for some pre/halftime/post game reaction and analysis. Liberty runs an awesome gameday production. Do what they do.

4) I know it's hard to believe but not everybody lives in the RRV and has access to Midco or Bison 1660. Somehow in Western ND, I can listen over the the radio to all the pregame, post game, and later a rebroadcast of every Husker Football game. I get 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after of Bison football and Bison basketball may as well not exist. Oh, but I can listen to every Huskers, Iowa, and UNI basketball games though. Rant over....