Page 113 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Watched the SDSU replay and that was pretty pathetic. Everything from audio levels too quiet, to 1 minute blocks of a black screen, to missing the Greg Menard sack because they spent too much time pointing the camera on fans.

Cant remember it was either the North Alabama or Cal Poly game but the camera man spent 20 seconds on a crowd shot of a woman breast feeding. No, I'm not joking

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I replayed the game last night and Timmerman was diagraming a play and explaining it. They ran the play and he was not even close to what he had just said and drew on the screen.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I replayed the game last night and Timmerman was diagraming a play and explaining it. They ran the play and he was not even close to what he had just said and drew on the screen.
    I'm still chuckling about the Ty Brooks first down from Delaware. Almost got the first down. Oh look at that the official gave him the first down. Then when they replay it post game Lee still says almost got a first down because that's what happened in his mind. He never lets facts get in the way.

Lardsin must go!

I dont know if this is even something they can control, but the dome alwasy looks particularily dark on TV. Never get that impression when I watch games from other indoor venues. But who knows.

Also- it sounds like NO ONE is at the game when you watch it on TV. The loudest roar sounds so damn quiet and tinny. It literally sound like there are 11 people in a garage with a microphone - and then some idiot turned the trebel all the way up and the Bass ALL THE WAY DOWN, and then they pumped that audio through regular TV speakers - and then captured THAT audio with a cell phone- and THEN put that audio on TV. It sounds absolutely F*cking awful.

My audio is pumped through a Bose, and everything sounds incredible... except for Bison games- which sound like I'm watching a high school football game that was recorded on a VHS cam-corder and then watching the replay through a cell phone.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

For those that normally watch the KVLY productions, did anyone watch the Midco broadcast for comparisons? (They have been doing reruns of the game this week)

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I dont know if this is even something they can control, but the dome alwasy looks particularily dark on TV. Never get that impression when I watch games from other indoor venues. But who knows.

Also- it sounds like NO ONE is at the game when you watch it on TV. The loudest roar sounds so damn quiet and tinny. It literally sound like there are 11 people in a garage with a microphone - and then some idiot turned the trebel all the way up and the Bass ALL THE WAY DOWN, and then they pumped that audio through regular TV speakers - and then captured THAT audio with a cell phone- and THEN put that audio on TV. It sounds absolutely F*cking awful.

My audio is pumped through a Bose, and everything sounds incredible... except for Bison games- which sound like I'm watching a high school football game that was recorded on a VHS cam-corder and then watching the replay through a cell phone.
    The quality of the video shot by KVLY in the dome is really bad. They do not have their colors/exposure correct. You are 100% in thinking it seems dark in there.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    For those that normally watch the KVLY productions, did anyone watch the Midco broadcast for comparisons? (They have been doing reruns of the game this week)
    I tried, but the one guys voice drives me insane.

Fire Timmerman!

Im super appreciative of KVLY for broadcasting all the games that they do. They even have the balls to run Bison games over Fighting Irish on a regular basis. With that said I also would like to see some minor changes. 1. Beth Hoole needs to tone it down a bit, she talks over other people TERRIBLY, I actually get uncomfortable when she does it (similar to somebody's cell phone ringing during a funeral, you find yourself uncomfortable simply being there). 2: As stated prior, add some brightness to the dome, tv view as the picture isnt as clear as it should be viewed. 3: Maybe look at reassessing your commentary crew during games. with all the money KVLY puts into this they surely can afford a bit more on screen personality and game time commentary. Dont try and make commentary on plays and schemes when you dont know what they are in the first place!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Other team’s fans think this is proof that the FargoDome pipes in fake noise during Bison games. Lol

How about this? Brian and Alex do the pregame. Beth and LT do the game. That would be funny. Would put my money on Beth coming out of the Booth of Death unscathed.

I remember Mike Morken being a good sportscaster up in Minot. Wish they would use him more than just for tailgating. Kind of think he just enjoying himself til retirement.