Page 171 of 181 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    One thing I really liked about the last broadcast is that they didn't zoom in right after the snap.

Here's a good example: https://youtu.be/-mmu_3xqFyA?t=461

Compare that to last year (and this wasn't as super-zoomed in as many plays): https://youtu.be/TDy2EpXn38U?t=3423
    I have noticed that also and completely agree. If they would just show the entire game about 99% of the complaints would go away. You guys that get frustrated with Timmerman, it's called a mute button, sync the radio or just flat out ignore him. I watched the whole game last weekend with my 8 year old running around and he was talking so much that I rarely heard the talking heads at all. Didn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all.

So I get that the current situation is a huge improvement over the old days. It used to be the UND game plus playoff games that were televised. This is much better. The fact that I've watched NDSU football games on my phone in Paris still kind of blows my mind (even if Carson broke his hand and we lost to USD and I drank all the Bordeaux I could find).

That said, that was in the 80s and 90s. Shouldn't we automatically expect things to improve over 3-4 decades? Think of what computers were like in the 80s compared to now.

On the other hand, I do recognize the NDSU broadcasts are probably the class (or very nearly so) of the FCS.

I'm generally more focused on the actual football to bitch about such things, but I could see how they could improve.

The adds between plays can be annoying, but I at least understand that, as that's what pays the bills and makes it possible to exist and for NDSU to make a few bucks.

I do hate the time it takes to start a replay and their inability to cut to live action quickly if things speed up. Missing plays why someone talks about why they're back in town, etc. is frustrating.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Could it be better? sure!

Its actually really good, especially when compared to our "peers" in the FCS. The fact that every single program in the FCS would cut their proverbial nuts off to have our broadcast, tells you that we are (SURPRISE) completely and utterly spoiled.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Could it be better? sure!

Its actually really good, especially when compared to our "peers" in the FCS. The fact that every single program in the FCS would cut their proverbial nuts off to have our broadcast, tells you that we are (SURPRISE) completely and utterly spoiled.
    We are spoiled and I personally hope Bison football never goes to MidCo. The biggest complaint most people have with KVLY is the missing plays and camera work timing which can be rectified but somehow never does. BTW, I hate the get your horns up jingle with passion. The one thing I wish we could do is simulcast 1660 throughout ND/Western MN in it's entirity on gameday. Yes I know, stream it right! Well not everybody is sitting around the house all day or has 4g service 24/7. Small nitpick I know and I have complained often on here because I can catch virtually every UNI and Nebraska basketball games over the radio but can't get NDSU games. Rant over...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    We are spoiled and I personally hope Bison football never goes to MidCo. The biggest complaint most people have with KVLY is the missing plays and camera work timing which can be rectified but never does. Oh, I hate the get your horns up jingle with passion.
    The biggest I’ve complaint I’ve heard/read is Lee Timmerman and it’s not even close.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The biggest I’ve complaint I’ve heard/read is Lee Timmerman and it’s not even close.
    I'll take Lee over missing plays and shitty camera work.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'll press mute as long as Lee is there.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'll also start to wonder if at halftime I've changed the channel to the inside the Bachelorette show only to un mute and then be reminded that pro seed is teaming up with Blackstone grills and then press mute again.

Lardsin must go!

I've mentioned it in the unpopular opinions thread but I don't think Timmerman is that bad....

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've mentioned it in the unpopular opinions thread but I don't think Timmerman is that bad....
    How are you and Lee related?