Page 170 of 181 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Alabama doesn't have a tv contract. The SEC does. Apples to oranges.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Notre Dame then.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Notre Dame then.
    That's better.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The odd part of missing plays is any televised game I've done there is a red hat that tells the crew when the broadcast is back from commercial. They are getting this information from the director. It's also possible the officials are given a set timeout time and they start when that time is over. Then TV had to adjust. If the broadcast shows a replay or commercial between plays and that causes them to miss it that's definitely on the broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I don't know that the lighting issue is the Dome - it seems plenty bright when attending in person.
    There is a difference between what you see and what a camera can see. Your eyes don't detect the flicker, above 1/300th of a second the camera starts seeing flicker. The type of lights in the dome not only cause flicker but also a different color cast depending on the lighting cycle your shot is taken. A lighting update to LED is needed.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    There is a difference between what you see and what a camera can see. Your eyes don't detect the flicker, above 1/300th of a second the camera starts seeing flicker. The type of lights in the dome not only cause flicker but also a different color cast depending on the lighting cycle your shot is taken. A lighting update to LED is needed.
    Science

But seriously this is a very informative post

Midco has 2 channels so four teams wouldn't be tough. They also now have streaming except for the folks in colorado California oregon and washington for some reason Brian Shaw is already employed by him so wouldn't be a switch there probably be pretty easy to pick up sideline people I'd think. Color anytime would be better than timmerman.

Kvly has done a fraction better this year. They almost get down and distance up by the time play happens and they have a yellow penalty box and a penalty call. Their constant advertising is a bit old and they've tended to miss plays because the direction realizes they have to do a commercial right when team is breaking the huddle.

I haven't watched a midco production lately so not able to give a good comparison or critique.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    The odd part of missing plays is any televised game I've done there is a red hat that tells the crew when the broadcast is back from commercial. They are getting this information from the director. It's also possible the officials are given a set timeout time and they start when that time is over. Then TV had to adjust. If the broadcast shows a replay or commercial between plays and that causes them to miss it that's definitely on the broadcast.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I was half way through reading your post and then I remembered that black stone and pro seed are teaming up. Need seed? Pro seed.

Lardsin must go!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We can nit pick issues but as others have said already our broadcast is light-years ahead of the rest of FCS. From the intro graphics to the clear footage the job is a whole level up. I watch many games on Espn2 or plus and it looks like they are recording with a vhs camcorder and broadcasters are just kids trying out material- boom goes the dynamite.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    I knew they had already upgraded the lighting in the Fargodome to allow HD broadcasts, so I thought there was no way they would consider upgrading again anytime soon. But it's actually been 10 years since that upgrade. Time flies. Still don't think the FD Authority will do that upgrade soon, but maybe within 5-10 years instead of the 15-20 I was thinking of before.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    We can nit pick issues but as others have said already our broadcast is light-years ahead of the rest of FCS. From the intro graphics to the clear footage the job is a whole level up. I watch many games on Espn2 or plus and it looks like they are recording with a vhs camcorder and broadcasters are just kids trying out material- boom goes the dynamite.
    One thing I really liked about the last broadcast is that they didn't zoom in right after the snap.

Here's a good example: https://youtu.be/-mmu_3xqFyA?t=461

Compare that to last year (and this wasn't as super-zoomed in as many plays): https://youtu.be/TDy2EpXn38U?t=3423