Page 168 of 181 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by 1978Bison View Post
    After growing up in Bismarck in the 70’s and only getting to see Bison football when they played UND, I am so thankful that sponsors and ND NBC Network is not only broadcasting home games, but away games as well. Yes, I enjoy Phil Hansen & Jeff Culhane’s call of the games, but I appreciate all the effort to bring us tv coverage of all Bison football games. Thank you ND NBC Network. It may not be perfect, but we get to see the games.
    You act like they're doing it out of charity. They are making money off this. If they wouldn't televise it someone else would. It's on them to make a decent product because I'm sure the price of their advertising hasn't decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    You act like they're doing it out of charity. They are making money off this. If they wouldn't televise it someone else would. It's on them to make a decent product because I'm sure the price of their advertising hasn't decreased.
    they are charging huge prices for NDSU football and I'd like to know if it's a package deal. like does "proseed" pay NDSU & KVLY...hmmmm that sounds unethical.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 1978Bison View Post
    After growing up in Bismarck in the 70’s and only getting to see Bison football when they played UND, I am so thankful that sponsors and ND NBC Network is not only broadcasting home games, but away games as well. Yes, I enjoy Phil Hansen & Jeff Culhane’s call of the games, but I appreciate all the effort to bring us tv coverage of all Bison football games. Thank you ND NBC Network. It may not be perfect, but we get to see the games.
    I agree with you and after watching other D1 programs productions on ESPN+ you should have even more appreciation for KVLY's production. I just wish they had competent camera operators and or director so we wouldn't miss a few plays every game and see some replays in a timely fashion. Stop zooming way in on the action and learn to follow the ball better.

The real annoyance is that this thread is 5+ years old and their broadcasts are still below average. I’m really hoping these next 2 games are KVLY’s last. 14 years is enough already.

Obligatory “I am thankful the games are available” statement.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

I think the video is a little better this year although they still miss some plays and the commercials between plays are annoying.
    It's OK to not be OK.

This may be in here but is the contract up after spring football? Who will be in contention?

KVLY
    WDAY
    Midco
    CBS Sports? Wouldnt that be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This may be in here but is the contract up after spring football? Who will be in contention?

KVLY
    WDAY
    Midco
    CBS Sports? Wouldnt that be cool though.

Gotta stick with Broadcast FREE TV so everyone can see it regardless of what platform.

KVLY/CBS are owned by same people
    WDAY/KVRR too budget-conscience to go after it

so yea, you're stuck.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Gotta stick with Broadcast FREE TV so everyone can see it regardless of what platform.

KVLY/CBS are owned by same people
    WDAY/KVRR too budget-conscience to go after it

so yea, you're stuck.
    The Midco/PBS deal could be intriguing if they would pony up the needed cash. I know that one got NDSU's attention on the last go around.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The Midco/PBS deal could be intriguing if they would pony up the needed cash. I know that one got NDSU's attention on the last go around.
    The problem with MidCo is that they'd probably end up dictating NDSU's start times (and maybe even days) for home games... I'd want that nailed down so NDSU's start times for homes games are selected by NDSU.

The one thing KVLY has to stop missing plays. And if you like MidCo's production, it seems like they'd have to put another team together to do NDSU home games. Production values for NDSU games would go way up, in my opinion, if the FargoDome bumped up the lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The problem with MidCo is that they'd probably end up dictating NDSU's start times (and maybe even days) for home games... I'd want that nailed down so NDSU's start times for homes games are selected by NDSU.

The one thing KVLY has to stop missing plays. And if you like MidCo's production, it seems like they'd have to put another team together to do NDSU home games. Production values for NDSU games would go way up, in my opinion, if the FargoDome bumped up the lighting.
    I wasn't impressed with Midco's production either aside from competent camera operators who don't seem to miss plays. That's by far my biggest gripe with KVLY.......well that and Timberdoodle.