Page 169 of 181 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

I also have not been impressed with Midco. KVLY has stepped it up some this spring. Maybe more to come. Bison 1660 is great and Culhane and Brake are good at what they do. Love how they are getting former players involved more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I also have not been impressed with Midco. KVLY has stepped it up some this spring. Maybe more to come. Bison 1660 is great and Culhane and Brake are good at what they do. Love how they are getting former players involved more and more.
    Only thing they stepped up was between play advertising......

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This post brought to you by blah, blah, blah.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know they could definitely improve stuff, but to be honest I am darn glad I get all the games in Bismarck. I remember growing up and only getting the UND game and maybe some playoff games. Even at the beginning of the D1 era it was nothing so it is great to get all of the games.

There have been times when I have been out hunting over the years and I couldn't even get them on the radio in ND which was really disappointing. I can't get the BB games on the radio which is stupid unless I use my phone which thanks to upgrading to unlimited data I now can do. But I couldn't believe I couldn't find BB games on the radio.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The problem with MidCo is that they'd probably end up dictating NDSU's start times (and maybe even days) for home games... I'd want that nailed down so NDSU's start times for homes games are selected by NDSU.

The one thing KVLY has to stop missing plays. And if you like MidCo's production, it seems like they'd have to put another team together to do NDSU home games. Production values for NDSU games would go way up, in my opinion, if the FargoDome bumped up the lighting.
    I don't know that the lighting issue is the Dome - it seems plenty bright when attending in person.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Well I can understand it at least for the time being but I'm hoping that goes away this fall if we can get back to normal. It's tough paying the bills during a pandemic. I'm sure their advertisers are appreciating their efforts.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The problem with MidCo is that they'd probably end up dictating NDSU's start times (and maybe even days) for home games... I'd want that nailed down so NDSU's start times for homes games are selected by NDSU.

The one thing KVLY has to stop missing plays. And if you like MidCo's production, it seems like they'd have to put another team together to do NDSU home games. Production values for NDSU games would go way up, in my opinion, if the FargoDome bumped up the lighting.
    Brian Shawn is already a Midco employee so my guess is his role would just shift a bit. It wouldn't be that expensive to find some former players in part time roles... Probably a lot of the same guys doing work on the KVLY broadcasts, minus Timmerman. Camera work would hopefully be better. My guess is that NDSU is dictating anything gametime related no matter who holds the contract.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Brian Shawn is already a Midco employee so my guess is his role would just shift a bit. It wouldn't be that expensive to find some former players in part time roles... Probably a lot of the same guys doing work on the KVLY broadcasts, minus Timmerman. Camera work would hopefully be better. My guess is that NDSU is dictating anything gametime related no matter who holds the contract.

Alabama doesn't even dictate their game times.

KVLY only carries NDSU football which makes it a whole different animal than Midco trying to do at least four MVFC teams' games. They'll try to spread these games out and/or end up hiring local crews to man the cameras. Heck, for some reason USD is playing a game on a Friday - and it might be so MidCo can put SDSU v NDSU on Saturday.

And if NDSU isn't on KVLY, you just might see UND to be on statewide NBC. Yay?

I don't have Midco, so I don't know this answer, but does Midco broadcast away games for their teams if they are playing at a non-Midco school? I think Bison games are the only exception, but like I said, I am not certain on that.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Alabama doesn't even dictate their game times.

KVLY only carries NDSU football which makes it a whole different animal than Midco trying to do at least four MVFC teams' games. They'll try to spread these games out and/or end up hiring local crews to man the cameras. Heck, for some reason USD is playing a game on a Friday - and it might be so MidCo can put SDSU v NDSU on Saturday.

And if NDSU isn't on KVLY, you just might see UND to be on statewide NBC. Yay?
    Alabama doesn't have a tv contract. The SEC does. Apples to oranges.