Page 145 of 181 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You definitely can speak to it better than me. What they are doing is not easy. I'm sure every year they have new people in different roles. I watched some of the game and caught where Bryan introduced the player introduction by also saying offense so I'm guessing someone put that in his ear as well as the guy who pushed the button to show that graphic. I noticed they ended it before it finished. For a local FCS broadcast it's pretty good. I've found no matter the topic people on forums LOVE to complain about everyone else not doing their job at the same level as the best in their profession. This is not unique to BV. I think it's some innate subconscious need to be critical of others to help yourself feel better. Most people don't even realize they do it.
    Weather person is wrong 50% of the time and keep their job. lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Probably the #1 profession people like to criticize! I'm amazed how close to accurate they are in general. When you see how sporadic rain appears on a radar it can vary from neighborhood to neighborhood, but they are giving a prediction for a general metropolitan area.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You definitely can speak to it better than me. What they are doing is not easy. I'm sure every year they have new people in different roles. I watched some of the game and caught where Bryan introduced the player introduction by also saying offense so I'm guessing someone put that in his ear as well as the guy who pushed the button to show that graphic. I noticed they ended it before it finished. For a local FCS broadcast it's pretty good. I've found no matter the topic people on forums LOVE to complain about everyone else not doing their job at the same level as the best in their profession. This is not unique to BV. I think it's some innate subconscious need to be critical of others to help yourself feel better. Most people don't even realize they do it.
    They do a pretty good job overall especially compared to other "peers". The frustration comes when it's the same mistakes or simple fixes. The player intros is a good example of that. To add to that, they never changed the player intros last year. So players who were out or injured were still in the intro. Maybe that is something that isn't easy to fix but if that is the case then why do it the way they do. Injuries are bound to happen along with possible demotions, suspensions, etc.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The frustration comes when it's the same mistakes
    Timmerman.

This is like saying my cell phone drops about 5% of my calls, but that’s better than my last provider who dropped 10%, so these guys are doing pretty good compared to what others are getting.

Nobody’s even talking about or expecting perfection here, so that’s a straw man argument. I, for one, am quite gratified with the fact that most all Bison games are even televised at all, but that doesn’t mean I can’t expect a professional-level effort from a company that holds itself out to be a professional broadcaster.

This isn’t Wayne’s World on cable access!

Not if your name is Brick!

Hail the BISON!!!

Booger McFarland is the Lee Timmerman of MNF.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    It's fun, but mentally exhausting.

With that said, KVLY does an overall excellent job compared to probably ever other non FBS team, which usually are done by professional productions like Token Creek and Wazee and not local television personal. Most broadcasts that involve FCS and lower schools have productions that look like high school highlight reels.
    Can confirm. Even in-house productions can be extremely complex and have fairly large crews to orchestrate

KVLY uses a Token Creek production truck, equipment, & some staff, with KVLY filling in the rest. What percentage is local vs Token staff is unknown to me.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Because you still have technology and people involved. The lady is called the red hat and they are in communication with the producer. He's often busy yelling at other people and sometimes misses marks. He may told the red hat they planned to come back but then someone else pushed another button that triggered the next commercial. Or the red hat misunderstood the mark and sent the wrong info to the crew.

There are 20 things going on at once with the radio the red hat is using. It's a really fascinating process of you ever get a chance to tag along. I'm surprised there aren't more issues. It makes you appreciate even more how good the networks are.

From what I've seen KVLY does a pretty good job compared to a lot of other local and regional broadcasts. Like anything is not easy to be perfect at what you do.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Agree with your statement completely but don't you know that all these people posting here are perfect? Everything after "But" in purple.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've always said, the easiest job in the world is a meteorologist in San Diego, or Las Vegas...i mean, what do those guys do all day? "Yea, it's gonna be sunny again tomorrow...and then the next 7 days as well..probably be warm too. And then more sun."
    Cush job for sure

On the other side of that, a meteorologist in the upper Midwest is probably the hardest, as far as the profession goes. Especially in this area. Major swings in weather in all 4 seasons..