Page 114 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Im super appreciative of KVLY for broadcasting all the games that they do. They even have the balls to run Bison games over Fighting Irish on a regular basis. With that said I also would like to see some minor changes. 1. Beth Hoole needs to tone it down a bit, she talks over other people TERRIBLY, I actually get uncomfortable when she does it (similar to somebody's cell phone ringing during a funeral, you find yourself uncomfortable simply being there). 2: As stated prior, add some brightness to the dome, tv view as the picture isnt as clear as it should be viewed. 3: Maybe look at reassessing your commentary crew during games. with all the money KVLY puts into this they surely can afford a bit more on screen personality and game time commentary. Dont try and make commentary on plays and schemes when you dont know what they are in the first place!!!!!
    Yeah because Notre Dame football is a ratings giant in North Dakota. In sure a whopping 2% would prefer Notre Dame over NDSU. NBC affiliates paid 1.2 million because it's big ratings

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah because Notre Dame football is a ratings giant in North Dakota. In sure a whopping 2% would prefer Notre Dame over NDSU. NBC affiliates paid 1.2 million because it's big ratings

Comscore TV ratings (Cable & Dish boxes in Fargo)

Notre Dame 9/8 game 2.73 rating
    Chris Klieman show 9/9 3.6 rating

NDSU/SDSU 16 rating (and 30,000 ndsu fans were at the game or at a bar after tailgate)
    Vikings/Rams 26 rating

anything over 10 is Amazing!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    My audio is pumped through a Bose, and everything sounds incredible...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I replayed the game last night and Timmerman was diagraming a play and explaining it. They ran the play and he was not even close to what he had just said and drew on the screen.
    I knew when they gave Timmerman a telestrator the comedy would reach new heights.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I knew when they gave Timmerman a telestrator the comedy would reach new heights.
    He is TV Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I dont know if this is even something they can control, but the dome alwasy looks particularily dark on TV. Never get that impression when I watch games from other indoor venues. But who knows.

Also- it sounds like NO ONE is at the game when you watch it on TV. The loudest roar sounds so damn quiet and tinny. It literally sound like there are 11 people in a garage with a microphone - and then some idiot turned the trebel all the way up and the Bass ALL THE WAY DOWN, and then they pumped that audio through regular TV speakers - and then captured THAT audio with a cell phone- and THEN put that audio on TV. It sounds absolutely F*cking awful.

My audio is pumped through a Bose, and everything sounds incredible... except for Bison games- which sound like I'm watching a high school football game that was recorded on a VHS cam-corder and then watching the replay through a cell phone.
    The reason it looks dark is because much of the FargoDome is dark. The TV feed doesn't look much darker than what it looks live to me, especially when located up high. I compared the VNL feed with ESPN's (SF against SHSU) and NDSU's All Access feed (same game) and they are only a bit darker. The only feed that looked pretty bright was NDSU highlight package. All they can do is open up their cameras' iris a bit for more exposure.

In regards to the crowd noise, it is noticeable quieter than both ESPN and NDSU's feeds, which means they are cutting back on the crowd mics on purpose. My guess is that their talent can't speak over the ambience noise better than ESPN and NDSU's.
    Hail the BISON!!!

My audio is pumped through a Bose, and everything sounds incredible... except for Bison games- which sound like I'm watching a high school football game that was recorded on a VHS cam-corder and then watching the replay through a cell phone.
    I think it is safe to say it is not 5.1 sound...... (Yes, same on my Bose speakers)

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I replayed the game last night and Timmerman was diagraming a play and explaining it. They ran the play and he was not even close to what he had just said and drew on the screen.
    Was that also the play that broke the feed also or was that later? I was starting to get a little frustrated that they never showed any replays after they lost the feed for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is my favorite meme. Just makes me laugh and it doesn't matter the context.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The reason it looks dark is because much of the FargoDome is dark. The TV feed doesn't look much darker than what it looks live to me, especially when located up high. I compared the VNL feed with ESPN's (SF against SHSU) and NDSU's All Access feed (same game) and they are only a bit darker. The only feed that looked pretty bright was NDSU highlight package. All they can do is open up their cameras' iris a bit for more exposure.

In regards to the crowd noise, it is noticeable quieter than both ESPN and NDSU's feeds, which means they are cutting back on the crowd mics on purpose. My guess is that their talent can't speak over the ambience noise better than ESPN and NDSU's.
    ESPN is definitely brighter looking but I dont think the brightness looks bad on either channel. The Fargodome HD lighting makes it look much better than it uses to look

As far as the noise vs announcer levels, I would choose louder noise over Lee Timmerman 100 times out of 100.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com