Page 156 of 181 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1803

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    How about when they decide to show worthless clips of YSU quarterback coach teaching qbs how to move on after each play. They cut to it during the actual game.
    Yeah what a freaking joke. I doubt their fans even care about that. Also, how bout they show the game on the large split when they talk about something rather than showing a little 4x3” box. We aren’t tuned in to watch them talk. I also do not like that god awful song at the beginning.
    Last edited by 23Bison; 02-22-2021 at 02:42 AM.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

You'd think after this many years of doing games the fucking camera operators would know not to zoom in so damn close every play and the directors would know which tricking camera shot to use but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You'd think after this many years of doing games the fucking camera operators would know not to zoom in so damn close every play and the directors would know which tricking camera shot to use but I guess not.
    It’s so gross to even talk about but we still manage to be able to do it. Is there anyone else that can out bid this clown show?!

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    It’s so gross to even talk about but we still manage to be able to do it. Is there anyone else that can out bid this clown show?!
    Not sure the other locals would be much better honestly. Wasn't impressed with wdays high school productions either.

Yeah, KVLY isn’t perfect and at times I can be the first to mention it.

That being said, go watch another FCS broadcast. My ears (and heart) are still bleeding from the UNI broadcast.

Does anyone want to start a video production company with me? I was pretty handy with the 45lb VHS cameras back when they were a thing. Probably produce something better than what we get to watch now.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean. It is North Dakota. I last lived there in 2001. When I listen to Bison 1660 they basically play the same commercials I remember listening to when I was younger. When I last visited in 2011 Y94 was still playing the same 90's dance songs they did when I was growing up. Progression is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    I mean. It is North Dakota. I last lived there in 2001. When I listen to Bison 1660 they basically play the same commercials I remember listening to when I was younger. When I last visited in 2011 Y94 was still playing the same 90's dance songs they did when I was growing up. Progression is hard.
    I think something that spoils us Bison fans is that 1660 does such a great job. During the week, during the games, during halftime. I would pay $10 per month to have an easy method of syncing up my ESPN+ stream with 1660.

It's amazing to me that KVLY has had the rights for this long and seem to have made so little in the way of improvements. The graphics feel like clip-art in the 90s. The pregame show... not great. I don't know why they keep doing it from the concourse, when their microphones clearly don't block out background noise. It's bad enough without masks, but the masks just made it worse. I am 100% pro-mask, but when you're doing a TV production, why not space out 6 feet so you don't need one and we can hear you?

As far as Kyle goes, he has good insight, but he's too soft-spoken. I feel like he needs to speak up more. I do agree with less Lee, the better.

I get the argument, especially when comparing to UNI's broadcast, that at least we have one, but step it up! We are the standard, and our local TV broadcast should reflect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bizon View Post
    It's amazing to me that KVLY has had the rights for this long and seem to have made so little in the way of improvements. The graphics feel like clip-art in the 90s. The pregame show... not great. I don't know why they keep doing it from the concourse, when their microphones clearly don't block out background noise. It's bad enough without masks, but the masks just made it worse. I am 100% pro-mask, but when you're doing a TV production, why not space out 6 feet so you don't need one and we can hear you?

As far as Kyle goes, he has good insight, but he's too soft-spoken. I feel like he needs to speak up more. I do agree with less Lee, the better.

I get the argument, especially when comparing to UNI's broadcast, that at least we have one, but step it up! We are the standard, and our local TV broadcast should reflect it.
    I get you. The sound mixing and visual effects could definitely learn from Midco. Not that everything Midco does is perfect, but at least they look like a professional broadcast. Obviously the difference is that they’re an actual sports network, as where KVLY is a news network with sports broadcast rights. Would kill for Midco to outbid KVLY next go around