Page 74 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: KVLY Crap Production

Default Re: KVLY Crap Production

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the production is solid. My big pet peeve is down and distance or a first down line? Why does it seem like the down and distance is never on the screen
    I think that it must have been something about their setup at EWU because they do have down and distance for home games.

Apparently KVLY could only set up at the 15 yard line - hard to announce a game from that location.

Shaw: What a great catch by urzendowski! The bison are now in positron to win their 4th straight championship!

LT: yea but they're still losing and it's only an fcs title. Few people outside of fargo even know about it

Timmerman is a UND homer and his borderline negative remarks really show is bias.

LT sucks.

It doesn't help when they spend so much time on crowd shots and then zoom in on Easton so you can't see the down markers between plays.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    LT sucks.
    It's painful to listen to.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It doesn't help when they spend so much time on crowd shots and then zoom in on Easton so you can't see the down markers between plays.
    Yeah that camera man is a little bit creepy.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the production is solid. My big pet peeve is down and distance or a first down line? Why does it seem like the down and distance is never on the screen
    They've got to show you the KVLY logo for as long as they can.

Also, what's with showing the lineups over the top of the farthest camera shot in the stadium? Are they intentionally trying to miss plays?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Brian Shawn: "Bison...back to power...that'll be a first down up at the 16..."
    Lee Timmerman: "Actually, that wasn't power...that was a straight zone and an opportunity to get man on man and see if you can be more physical."

LT seems absolutely COMPELLED to let the audience know at every juncture how smart he is, and that is downright annoying. He talks on the broadcast much more than necessary, filling every second between plays with "expert analysis". He loves to get in the weeds about offensive formations and defensive sets and technique, all to make the listeners know how knowledgeable about football he is.

"This is an FIB -- a formation in the boundary to the short side...there was nothing fancy from the defense there...that was a 4-3 setup, no pre-snap movement and the play rolled away to the short side. Not only did the fullback engage four yards deep but he turned that linebacker...tremendous job."

Whew...I'm sitting in my living room but LT always makes me feel like I am in a team meeting, doing film study with the coaches. After three hours of that, it just gets to be too much. If someone asked me to critique Lee Timmerman, it would be something like this: Lee, we get it, you played football and you have some knowledge, you don't have to try and hammer that fact into us repeatedly. Don't over-analyse every single play. Please keep in mind that a little can sometimes be much more effective than a lot. PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    It's painful to listen to.
    I almost just turned the sound off, probably should have.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    Brian Shawn: "Bison...back to power...that'll be a first down up at the 16..."
    Lee Timmerman: "Actually, that wasn't power...that was a straight zone and an opportunity to get man on man and see if you can be more physical."

LT seems absolutely COMPELLED to let the audience know at every juncture how smart he is, and that is downright annoying. He talks on the broadcast much more than necessary, filling every second between plays with "expert analysis". He loves to get in the weeds about offensive formations and defensive sets and technique, all to make the listeners know how knowledgeable about football he is.

"This is an FIB -- a formation in the boundary to the short side...there was nothing fancy from the defense there...that was a 4-3 setup, no pre-snap movement and the play rolled away to the short side. Not only did the fullback engage four yards deep but he turned that linebacker...tremendous job."

Whew...I'm sitting in my living room but LT always makes me feel like I am in a team meeting, doing film study with the coaches. After three hours of that, it just gets to be too much. If someone asked me to critique Lee Timmerman, it would be something like this: Lee, we get it, you played football and you have some knowledge, you don't have to try and hammer that fact into us repeatedly. Don't over-analyse every single play. Please keep in mind that a little can sometimes be much more effective than a lot. PLEASE!
    Another perspective. Love how LT uses his knowledge of the game to educate the listener. It really enhances the experaince.

Your insistence on posting your dislike of it seems to be akin to LT insistence on breaking down each play.