Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reminder: Sportscenter bus arrives today at 5pm

Default Reminder: Sportscenter bus arrives today at 5pm

FARGO, N.D. - North Dakota State University is calling all fans, students, faculty and staff to welcome ESPN's "SportsCenter on the Road" bus to the NDSU campus Thursday afternoon.

Spectators should line Albrecht Boulevard from 12th Avenue North to Minard Hall and South Engineering toward the iconic Bison statue at the campus entrance for the bus arrival at 5 p.m.

The event will be featured on the ESPN family of networks during Friday programming in advance of Saturday's 6 a.m. SportsCenter, which will be televised live from Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome.

Public parking for Thursday's bus arrival is available after 4:30 p.m. in the T lot on 12th Avenue and in the Memorial Union and Visitor Lot on campus. Street parking is not allowed on 12th Avenue or campus, except in designated areas.

The NDSU Bookstore is open in the Memorial Union until 6 p.m. Thursday for Bison apparel and other merchandise.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Reminder: Sportscenter bus arrives today at 5pm

bump... reminder hope to have a nice crowd

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Had to work. How's the turn out?

It was underwhelming to be honest. I swung over from work to partake. I know the bus arrival isn't near as big a deal as the actual event but I would have liked to see a bit more participation. Hopefully be show up in droves for the Saturday morning show.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    It was underwhelming to be honest. I swung over from work to partake. I know the bus arrival isn't near as big a deal as the actual event but I would have liked to see a bit more participation. Hopefully be show up in droves for the Saturday morning show.
    Yes it was a weak turnout. Apparently they were expecting a line from 12th Ave all the way to the Bison statue and there were 300 people if your lucky. St Thomas kicked our ass. Maybe weather had something to do with it but obviously they didn't do enough.

What's annoying me the most is they are only letting 4k fans in the dome Saturday. (That's what they had on Valley News Live) If I'm getting my ass out of bed at 330 am I'll be kind of pissed if they won't let me in because the dome can't find some volunteers to pick up some garbage. Lame.

I don't think we've wowed this Sportscenter group. It may be routine for fans but being a small school we need to stick out... and we didn't

Screenshot_2015-10-08-18-46-35.jpg

I went to both of the GD Bus deals and they were lame as well.

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yes it was a weak turnout. Apparently they were expecting a line from 12th Ave all the way to the Bison statue and there were 300 people if your lucky. St Thomas kicked our ass. Maybe weather had something to do with it but obviously they didn't do enough.

What's annoying me the most is they are only letting 4k fans in the dome Saturday. (That's what they had on Valley News Live) If I'm getting my ass out of bed at 330 am I'll be kind of pissed if they won't let me in because the dome can't find some volunteers to pick up some garbage. Lame.

I don't think we've wowed this Sportscenter group. It may be routine for fans but being a small school we need to stick out... and we didn't

Screenshot_2015-10-08-18-46-35.jpg
    Needless to say...it didn't air.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Needless to say...it didn't air.
    Yeah there really wasn't anything to air

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah there really wasn't anything to air
    Are we getting spoiled? ESPN fatigue? I hope not....

no. this what happens when you market to apathetic students. they make up a small pct of the fan base and have other things on their calendar this week.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."