Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MJ Stumpf

Default Re: MJ Stumpf

He and his dad were on our flight down to the first game in Frisco and we had a chance to chat a bit. He was just a verbal at the time and I remember thinking he was going to need some more meat on his bones to play linebacker. I told him that hopefully he can help us make some more trips down to Texas. It's good to see him have some success and contribute to the team.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    He and his dad were on our flight down to the first game in Frisco and we had a chance to chat a bit. He was just a verbal at the time and I remember thinking he was going to need some more meat on his bones to play linebacker. I told him that hopefully he can help us make some more trips down to Texas. It's good to see him have some success and contribute to the team.
    I felt the same way watching Travis Beck playing HS baseball against Tolna his senior year. We know how that worked out...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Well, this is the last player "pat on the back" thread I'll make, haha. MJ had a rough game yesterday, lots to work for both him and PGT after their struggles with the read option.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, this is the last player "pat on the back" thread I'll make, haha. MJ had a rough game yesterday, lots to work for both him and PGT after their struggles with the read option.
    They will get the hang of it. Still a lot of team defense to work on. They also don't have a lot of games to call back on in mid-stride. It will be easier for all of them moving forward when other opponents start trying things someone else has done and the coaches can simply say go to the game plan we used against Team Y. They know teams with running QBs will run this against the Bison from now on and we are pretty good at strengthening weaknesses. I like how our guys don't generally make the same mistakes over and over again. If you are going to beat the Bison, you have to make them make a new mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They will get the hang of it. Still a lot of team defense to work on. They also don't have a lot of games to call back on in mid-stride. It will be easier for all of them moving forward when other opponents start trying things someone else has done and the coaches can simply say go to the game plan we used against Team Y. They know teams with running QBs will run this against the Bison from now on and we are pretty good at strengthening weaknesses. I like how our guys don't generally make the same mistakes over and over again. If you are going to beat the Bison, you have to make them make a new mistake.
    It is fun watching them grow.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    It is fun watching them grow.
    Yes it is. If they keep growing and learn to be more gap sound and disciplined it will be a remarkable year for this young defense.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yes it is. If they keep growing and learn to be more gap sound and disciplined it will be a remarkable year for this young defense.
    I think we might have more raw talent on this D then we had the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think we might have more raw talent on this D then we had the past 4 years.
    I think right now the focus is so much on getting everyone to learn what they are doing individually. The next step will be how that fits into the team system and then they will blow everything up. I have to think this defense would be easier to work with from week to week for the coaches because there is always a tangible goal and definitive evidence they have a ways to go in front of them than the last couple of seasons. Last year, the goals were smaller and I think a lot of players don't always see the little things all the time when you are working with such experience. The way this defense looks now, you can see it is an obvious step one to step two for the whole unit. There isn't 5 tracks of development going on. Where it hurts is you don't have the core group to work individuals around. Where it helps is everyone is on the same page at the same time so the veterans of the group always know where the weakest parts of the defense are at all times. They won't be inexperienced come quarterfinals.

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...ison-lbs-excel

BisonReport feature on MJ, PGT and Nick DeLuca. I had a chance to sit down and speak to PGT and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...ison-lbs-excel

BisonReport feature on MJ, PGT and Nick DeLuca. I had a chance to sit down and speak to PGT and MJ.
    Good article. Nice to read something other than crowd noise articles.