Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MJ Stumpf

Default MJ Stumpf

Didn't see a thread for him yet so I figured I'd start one because I think this guy has really stepped up at a big positional need this year and hasn't gotten the press or the praise that guys like Deluca, Tanguay, and CJ Smith have gotten. After re-watching the SDSU game you could've put a #52 on his back and I would've sworn that Travis Beck was back out there making plays. He doesn't have the versatility yet that Beck did but he was in the SDSU backfield a lot and his pursuit was fantastic which exactly what is needed out of the WLB in this system.

I'm really excited to see what MJ can do on this defense over the rest of this year and the next. He certainly seems to have the ability to be a difference maker.

Default Re: MJ Stumpf

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Didn't see a thread for him yet so I figured I'd start one because I think this guy has really stepped up at a big positional need this year and hasn't gotten the press or the praise that guys like Deluca, Tanguay, and CJ Smith have gotten. After re-watching the SDSU game you could've put a #52 on his back and I would've sworn that Travis Beck was back out there making plays. He doesn't have the versatility yet that Beck did but he was in the SDSU backfield a lot and his pursuit was fantastic which exactly what is needed out of the WLB in this system.

I'm really excited to see what MJ can do on this defense over the rest of this year and the next. He certainly seems to have the ability to be a difference maker.
    It is fun watching these guys mature and as they get more experience, the training wheels come off and making even more plays.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't realize how big he was until I saw him standing along the sidelines next to Coach K. He had an excellent game against the Jacks. I think he led the team in tackles too.
    Last edited by HerdBoy; 10-07-2015 at 09:15 PM.

I think He is the most improved defensive player. I wasn't real confident coming into the season - wow nice.

The young man can certainly fly! That first play last Saturday was a thing of beauty! Hope he continues on this upward climb of excellent play. He's fun to watch!
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Definitely saw flashes of Beck on some of the plays he was making at SDSU. Really noticed him playing fast that game.

Stumpf and PGT both look much different than they did against Montana, where they appeared to be out of position/lost a number of times. Definitely playing faster and more confident.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

It's always fun to see the next group of players emerge. I remember Heagle's coming out game against SDSU where he just leveled people and we were like, "who the hell is this guy"!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

MJ did an awesome job. Hope it will carry on through the season. Awesome stuff.

Sat next to his aunt earlier this year at the sue shellacking, he played well that game too. I think its just getting comfortable again under the lights for some of these guys. Some haven't played "meaningful" minutes on a FB field for 2 to 4 years. They've been behind some studs and now they are loosening up and playing fast. MJ is a good example of that. Menard, Dempsey...others too.

It's interesting to continually see these kids from Harvey or name your small town come to NDSU, work their ass off and play well.

MJ and the LB corp will need to bring it this Saturday.