Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Sportscenter On The Road

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Sportscenter On The Road

I'm still trying to figure out why the froggy 99 mascot was let into the front row for this. similar stunt was pulled at the first game day with a couple guys wearing gold skin suits with Big 98 logos. both times the event was supposed to be about promoting NDSU, not promoting lame local radio stations.

Students probably let the frog up front because it'd be the cool thing to do.

Not really sure why the local radio stations are trying to get national exposure. Nobody who's actually watching sc is going to start streaming a fargo radio station that plays shitty bro country

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why the froggy 99 mascot was let into the front row for this. similar stunt was pulled at the first game day with a couple guys wearing gold skin suits with Big 98 logos. both times the event was supposed to be about promoting NDSU, not promoting lame local radio stations.
    Because there was only 50 people in line when the doors opened so it was easy to do.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Similar to others. We came in and parked our rig at 5. Went inside to check it out and were also surprised there were not a few more people there. I honestly didn't care for it. I'm not real big on forced cheering/yelling etc. I didn't understand why everyone was told to yell the whole time, even when the hosts were talking. I actually want to hear what they're saying. Being told to yell constantly is not sustainable for 2 hours. The band helped, I thought they did a nice job. We left at 6:30, went back outside and set up our tailgating and rolled though until game time with that. I would rate the overall experience as a "C". I appreciate ESPN coming, but it did lack the "POW" of gameday.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did anyone get this recorded and post it somewhere? I still have not seen it.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    Similar to others. We came in and parked our rig at 5. Went inside to check it out and were also surprised there were not a few more people there. I honestly didn't care for it. I'm not real big on forced cheering/yelling etc. I didn't understand why everyone was told to yell the whole time, even when the hosts were talking. I actually want to hear what they're saying. Being told to yell constantly is not sustainable for 2 hours. The band helped, I thought they did a nice job. We left at 6:30, went back outside and set up our tailgating and rolled though until game time with that. I would rate the overall experience as a "C". I appreciate ESPN coming, but it did lack the "POW" of gameday.
    I had great time, especially the constant cheering. Kind of felt like I was in some type of cardio work-out program.
    Hail the BISON!!!