Thread: Carey Crimmins

Default Carey Crimmins

Carey Crimmins fellow Bison , fellow Ram, and friend passed away suddenly Monday. If you are one of prayer please include his family. RIP Crimmy

http://www.startribune.com/obituarie...james-crimmins

Default Re: Carey Crimmins

Sorry for your loss hp.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Always too soon when you lose someone, thoughts and prayers to family and friend and teammates.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Sorry to hear this, my condolences to his family and friends.

Shocked to read this...had a great conversation with Carey in Frisco this past January. Part of that conversation was me telling him all about my favorite memory of him, which he also (surprisingly) remembered:

Summer, probably '96 or '97, and I am sitting on a front porch with some chick in the College Street area, having a beer with her after partying all night. It's probably 6am'ish on a Sunday morning, one of those typical quiet summer mornings where you could hear a pin drop. She & I hear this strange sound up the street. We stop our conversation, and start looking up the street for the source of the sound. It takes a good 5-10 seconds to figure out what it is. A large gentlemen is walking (maybe swaying?) down the middle of the street, carrying a something in each hand, while loudly singing away to his heart's content.

It takes awhile for me to figure out who it is, but once he is front of the porch I call out "HEY CAREY!" Carey is startled, looks around and then sees us on the porch. "Hey, what's up "RTO"? Wanna beer?" He had a case of beer in each hand, so of course that seems like a great idea at 6am on Sunday. He comes up on the porch, and is in a hell of good mood, laughing at everything said. The 3 of us sat there for a couple hours, whacking back beers and just laughing at stupid stuff.

A big old teddy bear off the field, but had a bit of mean streak on the field. I also distinctly remember him trying to tear my helmet off multiple times when the Rams did their chute drills...I deserved it, always talking smack to the Rams to get them fired up.

RIP, big guy.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.