Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: SDSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    We knew we had TEs...we knew we'd be Vanilla in OOC, why was everyone so worried about not seeing them?

I didn't consider anything in the OOC schedule to be vanilla. As a matter of fact most on here were whining that we were showing too much of our playbook and not running power enough.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I would like to openly apologize to all the Bison fans for all the unsportsmanlike crap I saw at Coughlin by my fellow Jacks fans tonight.
    -A disappointed Jacks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUfan1991 View Post
    I would like to openly apologize to all the Bison fans for all the unsportsmanlike crap I saw at Coughlin by my fellow Jacks fans tonight.
    oooh story time. Ive been to 2 games at CAS, 2011 & 2013...worst I seen was some broad flicking off the team as she walked by. nothing out of the original ribbing when at cubbys or tailgating.I expect that to happen in Fargo to Jack fans...but I do read horror stories on here with some CAS experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUfan1991 View Post
    That's a bummer. I wasn't there, but neither the TV nor radio commentaries mentioned anything about it. Not that poor behavior is ever called for, but I have to imagine that it is frustrating to be a Jacks fan playing the Bison over the past several years. I'd be inclined to give them a little leeway.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Don't know about you but I am 20x happier about this win than the UND domiination.

SDSUfan1991: SDSU fans would have to decapitate an NDSU cheerleader on the 50 to surpass UND for classlessness. #JoelHeitkamp

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Defense looks so much better than the Montana game. We held them to -1 Zenner rushing and the constant pressure on their QB took Weineke out of the game. I bet he's going to be sore tomorrow.
    2) Great game by CJ Smith. I'll take the Pass Interference penalty over letting a stud like that hit his groove.
    3) Our running game still concerns me. I had hoped the 4 back rotation would be gone come conference play. They need to figure something out.
    4) Third down was beautiful, both sides of the ball, all game.
    5) Wentz is the best talent I've seen at NDSU. It's a lot fun to watch him control the field and throw the ball. He'll play on Sundays.
    6) I guess we still have tight ends on this team? Good to know.
    7) This still doesn't feel like a rivalry game. I don't take the pleasure in watching this team stomp them like I do UNI/UN_. I'm sure we'll see the Jacks again in the playoffs (far too early, at that).
    8) I don't like that we take our foot off the gas this year when we have the lead. I don't know if it's the coaches or players but I'd like to see a complete 4 quarters of intensity.
    9) I still hold my breath during our kick-offs and punt returns.
    10) I hate UNI and I hope we beat their asses without them taking any cheap shots.

Great game, great win. Enjoy, Bison Nation.

Definitely concerned with our run game. Not sure how we ended up with 200 yards rushing but when your leading rusher is the QB it's concerning. Not to mention the fumbles. With this oline we should be able to ram it down there throats in the fourth quarter to put these games away but it just isn't happening. Frustrating having to throw for first downs to run clock.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Don't know about you but I am 20x happier about this win than the UND domiination.

I am because it shows that the UND domination wasn't just because UND sucks. The defense has made major strides. This was the #4 team in the country.

Speaking of which the Bison should be #1 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Definitely concerned with our run game. Not sure how we ended up with 200 yards rushing but when your leading rusher is the QB it's concerning. Not to mention the fumbles. With this oline we should be able to ram it down there throats in the fourth quarter to put these games away but it just isn't happening. Frustrating having to throw for first downs to run clock.

That's a good point. It seems like we have to throw to set up the run instead of our usual running to set up the pass.

It seems our best luck running iso ut of the shotgun too. With an option to the back/slot. We seem fairly anemic out of our power formations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Im not worried about the run game. NDSU always gets 150+, and if it wasnt for the weak fumbles wed see the 3 or 4 yard carries turned into the 8 yard carries completely demoralizing the SDSU defense...but they got some weird turnovers that gave their defense hope the next drive.

NDSU holds on, they score easy

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not super worried about the fumbles...yet. Anderson is young and John Crockett fumbled a number of times himself. Keep giving Bruce the ball. The one run next guy in philosophy is annoying though