Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I watched on TV but the stadium looks much better.
    Stadium will be good when done. Still not enough bathrooms. Also with how fast their fans left last night they only need a stadium that big once every two years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Stadium will be good when done. Still not enough bathrooms. Also with how fast their fans left last night they only need a stadium that big once every two years.
    We were discussing this in our group during the game. It's going to be a great stadium when done. Awful nice of them to upgrade it for us! They will never fill it without us and to prove it, they based their final seating capacity based off ours. It's actually kind of sad the little brother complex they have going on.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Not enough bathrooms and concessions where a joke. Stood in line for water for 20 min then gave up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Not enough bathrooms and concessions where a joke. Stood in line for water for 20 min then gave up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    The bathroom line wait at halftime for me was about the same as Fargodome. The problem was getting there. The concession line was all the way back to the iron fence, so it was difficult getting past that and into the bathroom line. The iron fence should be moved back 20 feet or so towards the new parking lot. They haven't planted the grass yet, so they could right this wrong before they do that. I'm sure they won't, as this will only be a problem once every 2 years.

Agree on the bathrooms comment...seems like they skimped on that part of the planning. If you plan to pack the stadium with 19,000 at some point, the restrooms will not be sufficient. And there's only one gate to enter on the east side and the lines to get in were crazy. But its a very nice stadium and am looking forward to seeing it when its complete.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

I believe the new visitors side will have more bathrooms and concessions??

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I believe the new visitors side will have more bathrooms and concessions??
    Wasn't the east side the new visitors side?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Wasn't the east side the new visitors side?
    Yep, east side is the visitors side and that is all complete...concessions and bathrooms included, so unless they renovate again over there, in my opinion there are not enough facilities.

Also - I didn't realize this until I visited with a Jacks fan last night that the entire west (home) side will be torn down and completely rebuilt. I just assumed that they were adding on to what was already there.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    Yep, east side is the visitors side and that is all complete...concessions and bathrooms included, so unless they renovate again over there, in my opinion there are not enough facilities.

Also - I didn't realize this until I visited with a Jacks fan last night that the entire west (home) side will be torn down and completely rebuilt. I just assumed that they were adding on to what was already there.
    I had a similar assumption before I went to Brookings about what they were doing with the west side, and then I walked into the stadium. I could tell right away there was no way it stayed based upon the layout of everything that was already in place.

I'm going to try and not to be critical of what they've done with the place, because it's a lot better than what they used to have. Bathrooms do seem small, but the key word there is "bathrooms" and not port a potties. If I'm designing a restroom at a sports venue, I'm doing what they have in Frisco, one door in and another door out. Also not a big fan of the horseshoe, felt a bit far away from the field. The Montana stadium design is what I'd like to see for a home field, a square and right on top of you. Those suites though are gonna be a nice thing to have when it's -0 weather.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    We were discussing this in our group during the game. It's going to be a great stadium when done. Awful nice of them to upgrade it for us! They will never fill it without us and to prove it, they based their final seating capacity based off ours. It's actually kind of sad the little brother complex they have going on.
    Thing is, they don't want to sell tickets to the Bison fans, and Jack fans won't be enough to fill it. I'm sure our people will always find a way to get tickets no matter what SDSU tries to do, but I sure agree they will never sell out without us.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA