Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Iowa Football Game 2016

Default Re: Iowa Football Game 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    http://www.footballgameday.com/

Visiting team parking is in the red lots.
    None of those seem a whole lot farther than K State or Montana.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I have Gene Taylor's number and will take care of the tailgating spot. Consider it done.

purple
    Mr. Meaty, in your conversations with GT, would you mind asking him what time Kick off is........thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Mr. Meaty, in your conversations with GT, would you mind asking him what time Kick off is........thanks in advance.
    I will be asking if this could be moved to a Friday Night Lights type of game. National exposure again for the Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    No, I don't. But it was supposed to be a little jab directed at CyPanth, since our Alumni Association pissed him off by taking over his regular spot.

And I'm still bitter about it.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont think you understand how Iowa tailgating is set up. I hope they can accommodate us. But if they do its going to be a looooong walk.

Iowa City is a horrible set up for the type of tailgating the is done by NDSU and Iowa State. One more reason for you to go there and pound them into the ground.

Another is that UNI fans are often called "Purple Hawks" because most of them are Iowa fans.

Also, if you want to annoy Iowa fans, refer to them as:

"EIU" for Eastern Iowa University (since we all know that the Iowa State University is in Ames).

"FWCSU" for Far Western Chicago Suburb University.

"AIB-East" which is a reference to a closed door partnership made by the outgoing presidents of Iowa and the Allied Institute of Business in Des Moines. Most Iowa folks think that AIB was far beneath the status of the high and mighty Iowa.

Real excited to be a proxy for ISU/IU rivalry very helpful thanks.

Our availability will depend a lot on Iowa's season this year. They have been kind of stuck in the mud the past few years, kinda trending down to a frustrating level of play and it is hitting attendance hard. If 2015 is anything like 2014 we can expect a ton of ticket and hotel availability for Bison faithful at pretty good prices. If 2015 turns out to be a good year it could make things less available and at less desirable prices for us. We'll show up big time either way, but the difference between 3-5k and 10+k Bison fans in attendance will be how easy and available it is to put together a trip for the more casual travelling fans.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I spent 2005-2011 in Iowa City, so I better try to make it back for this one. I've still got at least one place to stay within a (long) walk of the stadium. I don't watch BV as reliably as I used to, so I'll have to try to remember to come back closer to the date and give some thoughts.

IC is a great town, though...I still thoroughly miss it. Smaller than Fargo and top notch food and drink options.