Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NDSU Recruits

Default Re: 2016 NDSU Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    2016 IA State Champ and 4X state place winner Colton Clingenpeel has committed to NDSU
    That's pretty cool. Intermat has him #6 at 152, a few spots below Griffin Parriott and a few spots above Jake Allar.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Pretty good stats on his TrackWrestling profile: http://www.trackwrestling2.com/tw/me...?twId=48809009
    http://s500.trackwrestling.com/tw/pr...frameSize=1420

60-0? They must not have very tight match limits in IA.

Lots of verbal commits at this point (10 by my count), with two ranked individuals by Flo and Intermat:
    Paul Bianchi Two Rivers WI #11 by Intermat #18 by Flo at 120
    Colton Clingenpeel Council Bluffs IA #6 by Intermat #9 by Flo at 152
    Cole Witzig Triad IL
    Patrick Spray Wisconsin Rapids WI
    Nathan Smith Mukwanago WI
    Nick Knutson New Prague MN
    Jonah Lange Frazee MN
    Taylor Nein Bismarck ND
    Sam Hampton Blue Springs MO
    Holden Youngs ANML MN

I was talking to someone about Danny Vega and where he is going to go now that GCU cut their program, and then I couldn't remember who else they had signed. I looked it up and they signed a Colby Smith from Wentzville MO. Gladiator Dad, any idea of his intentions now and if NDSU is after him now? He's at a similar weight as the WI kids.

GCU had also signed a CA state champ named Trence Gillem and we've pulled a steady stream of Cali guys lately.

I guessed a PAC 12 school for Vega, with Arizona State as my guess, but he'd be great in green and gold (I know it is HIGHLY unlikely, but one can dream).

I know the Smith family very well. I actually sent Colby's dad a text earlier this week to see if they had made a decision yet. He said they have not made a decision. I know that NDSU had contacted them along with Mizzou, Campbell U in NC along with App State. He has a couple of current teammates heading to App State but I think Campbell is the front runner right now. I think it's a shame what GCU did to these kids and their timing was absolutely inexcusable in my opinion.

I have also heard that Vega will end up at ASU. I heard he doesn't want to go too far from home. I don't know much about the Gillem kid to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    I know the Smith family very well. I actually sent Colby's dad a text earlier this week to see if they had made a decision yet. He said they have not made a decision. I know that NDSU had contacted them along with Mizzou, Campbell U in NC along with App State. He has a couple of current teammates heading to App State but I think Campbell is the front runner right now. I think it's a shame what GCU did to these kids and their timing was absolutely inexcusable in my opinion.

I have also heard that Vega will end up at ASU. I heard he doesn't want to go too far from home. I don't know much about the Gillem kid to comment.
    Kolat is doing great things at Campbell.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Kolat is doing great things at Campbell.
    We ran into him in NYC and he was very nice and talked with us for a while. I think he was somewhat surprised that we recognized him and that we knew who Villie Heino even was

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    They have a big 3 of Jesse Shearer, Jared Franek, and Brandon Metz. Franek is still young and a few years away from college; Shearer is a Jr this year and his brother Jordan chose Nebraska (Jordan was also a much bigger recruit and had a more impressive resume); and Metz is a Jr HWT (former Cadet Greco National champ) and I've heard he's a pretty good football player. Shearer is a middle weight that I imagine projects to 157, which isn't a huge need.

Michael Kelly from Oakes is ranked at HWT by FloWrestling.

Seeing as how we have 2 starters from Missouri, any input on Matt Schmitt, a 120 from Platte City? There is also an Ethan Karsten from the same school in the top 100, but he's projected as a 149.

A bunch of California kids are ranked but haven't committed anywhere, and we have a California native as our top assistant. I hope we can get some of them.

Mark Hall commits this week, and although I hope he stays in MN, I think he'll go to Penn State. MN has already signed 2 MN kids in Lucas Jeske and Owen Webster who project right around Hall's weight, so maybe they have an inkling they're out. It'll be interesting to see where the other dominoes fall after his announcement.

Early signing period kicks off in 2 days.
    If you're referring to Jesse, he wrestled and won state at 182 this year, after wrestling and winning state at 160 during his sophomore season. Don't see keeping him much lighter than '82 or '70 at the lightest for senior year since he's still growing and adding muscle in the weight room.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    We ran into him in NYC and he was very nice and talked with us for a while. I think he was somewhat surprised that we recognized him and that we knew who Villie Heino even was
    I think Ville is the first Finlander to come to the U.S. and wrestle our folkstyle of wrestling.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bianchi is in the semis at the Cliff Keen JR folkstyle nationals and will take on MN's Tucker Sjomeling, who NDSU is interested in. Bianchi beat Jake Gliva to get to the semis and Victor Gliva is in the other semi. Colton Clingenpeel is in the semis too at 170.

Two local kids, Jesse Schearer of West Fargo and Sam Grove of Moorhead, are in the semis at 182 and 195 too. Jordan Magnuson of Valley City and soon to be MSUM is too.