Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 offense

Default Re: 2015 offense

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Yeah, screw Polasek's offense. We barely even won a National Championship with it last year. Can't even score 40 ppg this year. Don't throw to the TE and look what happens, Carson has only a 9/0 TD/INT ratio. I sure wish we were more like that high powered Offense that Bohl's got in Wyoming......
    Right over your head

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Yeah, screw Polasek's offense. We barely even won a National Championship with it last year. Can't even score 40 ppg this year. Don't throw to the TE and look what happens, Carson has only a 9/0 TD/INT ratio. I sure wish we were more like that high powered Offense that Bohl's got in Wyoming......
    I'd ask you to consider that this style of offense puts way more pressure on the defense. More 3 and outs and chances for TO's. There is a reason our D was so good alongside a true west coast offense. Do the math. A more rested D plays faster and better.

It's a total team game as peeps say. Many say the BSC has shitty Defenses. I'll suggest that peeps should consider what is put on their shoulders. Jussayin'' and food for some thought.

Sent from my iPhone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

You guys do realize the NDSU offense is averaging 463.3 yards of total offense per game this year which is higher than every championship season so far in D1 (including 2013) right?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You guys do realize the NDSU offense is averaging 463.3 yards of total offense per game this year which is higher than every championship season so far in D1 (including 2013) right?
    Time of Poccession is probably heavy in the Herd's favor as well.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Time of Poccession is probably heavy in the Herd's favor as well.
    right around 37 minutes a game

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    like the middle screen?
    Funny, that was exactly where my brain went. I swear when we had McNorton running it, we successfully ran that play 4 times a game. It took years for other teams to shut that shit down and it only eventually happened when our personnel didn't quite fit the play as well.
    Insert something clever here...

The strategic question isn't just about the amount of offensive numbers we can produce. Yes, we have the offensive fire power to match Eastern Washington. This is in large part because we have an Nfl caliber quarterback. We also gave up 38 points to Montana, and are 2-1. Montana scored 20 and 19 the following weeks. We've already proven that the big sky m.o. of trying to outpass and outgun may get you to the playoffs, but falls short against Ndsu (Bohl style) ball done at its best. Live by the pass, die by the pass... Sounds like a good recipe for consistent 8-3 seasons, and some nice semi-final appearances.

I don't get it...you're given the keys to the most successful formula in FCS history. But human nature is to often think you can change it for the better. We have a great team, and I think we will go far. But last years championship came in large part because of the remaining core of legacy seniors (+Wentz, RJ). I think it is fair to question where Polasek ball leads us.

[QUOTE=yopaulie;1042314]The strategic question isn't just about the amount of offensive numbers we can produce. Yes, we have the offensive fire power to match Eastern Washington. This is in large part because we have an Nfl caliber quarterback. We also gave up 38 points to Montana, and are 2-1. Montana scored 20 and 19 the following weeks. We've already proven that the big sky m.o. of trying to outpass and outgun may get you to the playoffs, but falls short against Ndsu (Bohl style) ball done at its best. Live by the pass, die by the pass... Sounds like a good recipe for consistent 8-3 seasons, and some nice semi-final appearances.

I don't get it...you're given the keys to the most successful formula in FCS history. But human nature is to often think you can change it for the better. We have a great team, and I think we will go far. But last years championship came in large part because of the remaining core of legacy seniors (+Wentz, RJ). I think it is fair to question where Polasek ball leads us.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why the coaching staff is impressed with NIU football schemes.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I'm going to reserve judgment until I see it against Valley defenses but I think the coaching staff deserves the benefit of the doubt.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Many of you are falling for the stats BS. Can we power run the ball to chew up the clock against a good defense? Don't know. In MT we didn't even try and it kicked us in the balls. Why try and reinvent the wheel then put more pressure on a young defense is the point.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt