Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 offense

Default Re: 2015 offense

We'll see what Polasek does now during the conference part of the schedule. I'm not a big fan of his Northern Illinois influence but I'm not getting paid to call the plays.

I'm sure the coaching staff will take what the defense will give them every week. I think the offense is evolving so far and there will be times when the ground and pound will be utilized more and the read option stuff at other times.

That will open up the perimeter on outside runs.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's about execution. Once Morlock is covered or they're worried about him, that opens up options 2 and 3 for that play. The offense is fine. Our return game is a bigger issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It's about execution. Once Morlock is covered or they're worried about him, that opens up options 2 and 3 for that play. The offense is fine. Our return game is a bigger issue.
    yes and no. Perk was a monster in Missoula. It's about securing the ball before you run. 2 weeks to shore that up will help.

I am surprised this topic hasn't been made before. To anyone that watches we are running an offense quite different to Bohl. Even coach K said it in the pre UND interview. Watch from 6:45 onwards-

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My impression is we are not dominating the 2nd half, especially the third quarter, the way we have the last several years. We usually come out smokin in that third quarter and crush our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    My impression is we are not dominating the 2nd half, especially the third quarter, the way we have the last several years. We usually come out smokin in that third quarter and crush our opponents.
    And that has everything to do with the amount of running we do in the first half. Passing a lot in the first half won't wear down the opponents much.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wish I was as confident as you. I'm more in line with westnodak. It seems to me we make new plays up depending on opponent, which is crazy. We should have our playbook and simply adjust blocking schemes/protection/patterns/lanes.

But I probably don't know wtf I'm talking about.
    Yeah, you'd probably have more credibility if you had played football in college...

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Both Weber State and UND were crushed by halftime.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Yeah, screw Polasek's offense. We barely even won a National Championship with it last year. Can't even score 40 ppg this year. Don't throw to the TE and look what happens, Carson has only a 9/0 TD/INT ratio. I sure wish we were more like that high powered Offense that Bohl's got in Wyoming......