Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Verbal: Sean Engel WR

Default Re: 2016 Verbal: Sean Engel WR

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    He looks kind of slow and doesn't run very crisp routes. Ball skills on the other hand are off the charts .
    You can coach crisp route running. Speed is a lot tougher to improve. I love his size in the redzone, let the other guys get us inside the 20 and he will be tough to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Are you kidding me? Weineke is listed at 6-4. Are those 2 finger widths really enough to change whether you consider a guy "big" or not? Good grief. Illies plays big, that is what counts.

Furthermore:
    Ellis Henderson - 6-0
    Jamaal Jones - 6-1

Illies is taller than both. Fail...
    Then Y doesn't he play WR and play more, especially given the comments of CK in this article-->http://www.inforum.com/sports/384491...-wide-receiver
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Then Y doesn't he play WR and play more, especially given the comments of CK in this article-->http://www.inforum.com/sports/384491...-wide-receiver
    Good point CAS........I have thought this same thing. Seems they could have tried this during the non conference games.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Have wondered that myself....is there a question of speed there??

http://www.scout.com/college/north-d...calvin-johnson

Our Q&A with Sean on BisonReport.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Have wondered that myself....is there a question of speed there??
    State Champion in the hurdles.Cant be too slow.He should be used more period.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dom and Jeff have Sean as #5 on the 2016 Newcomer to Watch list on the Bison Media Blog. They both feel that he can contribute right away since he's a 6'5" wide receiver, something we haven't seen since we recruited Powell-Calhoun, who I'm pretty sure never saw the field since he left the program so early. If he can stay healthy through fall camp, it might be really tough to redshirt this kid. I like the idea of getting a shirt on him and letting him put on some muscle because he was looking pretty lean at the spring game. Can't teach height though, and the idea of using him near the goal line for some jump balls is appealing. Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Won't be redshirting. He is different from anything we have. Kid loves to study and work hard. He will have to be ready in late August. Don't expect monster stats, but he will have a spot in the offense from day 1. He is something we have never had. Very exciting kid. Go catch a fade son!!!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Won't be redshirting. He is different from anything we have. Kid loves to study and work hard. He will have to be ready in late August. Don't expect monster stats, but he will have a spot in the offense from day 1. He is something we have never had. Very exciting kid. Go catch a fade son!!!
    Sounds good to me! Love the idea of the Bison getting an athlete like they've never had before.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Nice to see many of the 2016 recruits in summer school and learning the NDSU system. Nice to build on RJ, Shep, Williams, with a huge target to take the top off.