Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Getting into the MVFC would be a dream scenario. It fits our recruiting footprint perfectly. It would save tons of cash which could get pumped back into teams. The only cool thing about the Big Sky is playing the Montanas and Cal Poly, I have a soft spot for Poly because of their offense. I think a move would also revitalize the fans. We're familiar with the Dakota schools obviously and all of the games are easily road tripable.

But I thought that the plan was for the Big Sky as a conference to go to the FBS.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Within the next 5 years UND will be in the MVFC.

I am shocked to read that there are posters on this board who engage in speculation.

Patty V is also the commissioner of the Pioneer Football League.
    http://www.pioneer-football.org/pfl/default/

Maybe UND is exploring going no-scholarship football.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Within the next 5 years UND will be in the MVFC.
    They can take our place (maybe purple, maybe not).
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If UND's administration weren't idiots they'd already be in the Summit for sure and probably the MVFC. Remember when they cancelled a site visit by the Summit?

UND belongs in the Summit, that's pretty obvious. If they can't get in the MVFC being BSC football only would probably still work out. There's always the Omaha option of dropping football to pay for your other sports too. If Bubba can't do anything after a full recruiting class with that program it honestly should be considered.

Good chance of losing Youngstown if UND joins the MVFC. Doesn't look like a good trade but it would bring stability. I wouldn't mind getting Northern Colorado back too. Easy travel partner for Denver, and travel wasn't too bad during the D2 days so people don't have a right to complain. Quality of football play for each is pretty low right now, but the MVFC has a recent history of making bad teams step it up.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Recruiting will become challenging for us. The quality of their football program will improve drastically.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Big Sky has Root Sports, which is available for every Direct TV subscriber. CAA has Comcast, which provides a ton of games on Comcast Cable Networks and of course a few on NBCSN.

Patty V has basically taken the lowest hanging fruit for media exposure. In fact the MVFC contract limits us from putting games on Fox Sports North.
    While I agree for the most part, I think that as much ESPN3 coverage that we have is definitely a good place for us right now. I think that ESPN3 hits more households than Comcast and Root because of their ability to be used on multiple outlets as well as not being tied to a cable provider.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ESPN3 and State wide NBC is great! Honestly, ESPN3 can get a lot of NDSU fans that live out of the region. However, FSNorth would get region people to watch and introduce Minnesota folks to NDSU football. How did UND get basketball games on FSNorth last winter?

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    ESPN3 and State wide NBC is great! Honestly, ESPN3 can get a lot of NDSU fans that live out of the region. However, FSNorth would get region people to watch and introduce Minnesota folks to NDSU football. How did UND get basketball games on FSNorth last winter?
    Id guess their was some influence from a higher up with the twins and his alma mater
    Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    While I agree for the most part, I think that as much ESPN3 coverage that we have is definitely a good place for us right now. I think that ESPN3 hits more households than Comcast and Root because of their ability to be used on multiple outlets as well as not being tied to a cable provider.
    Root- 8.3 million households
    ESPN3- more than 85 million households

So yeah, a few more for ESPN3.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved