Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Mostly Altitude for the BSC.

Would you prefer a weekly featured game that might, or might not, include NDSU in a media deal? Understanding it would probably preclude statewide NBC for all games.

As for expansion, the Summit is where stability is most needed. UND could provide that. MVFC expansion would be the only way that happens. I'm not sure who is all interested. If anything happens I can live with it.
    Big Sky has Root Sports, which is available for every Direct TV subscriber. CAA has Comcast, which provides a ton of games on Comcast Cable Networks and of course a few on NBCSN.

Patty V has basically taken the lowest hanging fruit for media exposure. In fact the MVFC contract limits us from putting games on Fox Sports North.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

How would the fans react to a move? It isnt hockey so most wont notice. Football fans wont like giving up the bestest conference in the world. But from an adminstrative standpoint it would be worth looking at. Makes way too much sense.
    Wont happen.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    How would the fans react to a move? It isnt hockey so most wont notice. Football fans wont like giving up the bestest conference in the world. But from an adminstrative standpoint it would be worth looking at. Makes way too much sense.
    Wont happen.
    I think most of their fans would love it, the vocal minority at SS.com would hate it but they've brainwashed themselves into thinking the Big Sky is on par with the Pac 12.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Have you ever seen Douple at a Bison football game? It is not coincidence that he was at this game. I think Bubba has made it clear to BF that UND needs to be in the MVFC to succeed in football. They flat out will never be able to recruit playing in the Big Sky.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think most of their fans would love it, the vocal minority at SS.com would hate it but they've brainwashed themselves into thinking the Big Sky is on par with the Pac 12.
    Tom Miller thinks so

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    True this. .
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Um, guys. Tom and Pat are a married couple as of last winter.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Um, guys. Tom and Pat are a married couple as of last winter.
    So you are saying it was one of arranged midevil marriage things with a goal of facilitating adding UND? Seems like an odd way to get things done in 21st century America but I don't understand college athletics.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I think at the very least, the Summit makes perfect sense. It solidifies the conference from a stability standpoint. No matter who leaves, the core of the 4 Dakota schools would be rock solid and we would never be threatened by losing eligibility.

Attendance as a conference would go through the roof. In basketball for example, any game between NDSU, SDSU, USD, and UND would be a lock for a sellout. The Summit League Championship would nuts. On the negative side, we would even have a larger anti Bison crowd in Sioux Falls. (If thats even possible )

Personally I think we need to add 2 teams and add a travel partner for the Illinois schools or something in Missouri, Wisconsin, etc...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Getting into the MVFC would be a dream scenario. It fits our recruiting footprint perfectly. It would save tons of cash which could get pumped back into teams. The only cool thing about the Big Sky is playing the Montanas and Cal Poly, I have a soft spot for Poly because of their offense. I think a move would also revitalize the fans. We're familiar with the Dakota schools obviously and all of the games are easily road tripable.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Getting into the MVFC would be a dream scenario. It fits our recruiting footprint perfectly. It would save tons of cash which could get pumped back into teams. The only cool thing about the Big Sky is playing the Montanas and Cal Poly, I have a soft spot for Poly because of their offense. I think a move would also revitalize the fans. We're familiar with the Dakota schools obviously and all of the games are easily road tripable.
    Be careful what you say about it being a good thing for UN_ joining with other Dakota school. We will end up seeing your face on a milk carton.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.