Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Need more details. Where were they sitting? Was Faison sitting with them?

The Summit would sure be stabilized with UND. Maybe the BSC would be willing to go football only with UND? Save a bunch of travel in the other sports.
    And what were they wearing? Did they have a pretzel? Was Fullerton with them? Were they wearing disguises? Did they point to the UND sideline and laugh? Did they have a sign? Did they yell Bison at the end of the national anthem?

Not nearly enough details for a proper discussion on bisonville.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    You like her....good for you.

There could be a lot better TV deals for the conference as a whole.
    She has been the Commissioner of this conference for about 30 years. I'm not 100% sure but she might be the only Commissioner it gas ever had.

A comment about available TV deals is ridiculous from people who don't have a clue what is out there. I guess the new rage is to always criticize the professionals and the less you know, the wilder the comments get.

Don't forget that Viverito also works for the MVC. That matters.

I don't think Patty V does much at all but she has about four jobs so that is probably part of the problem. I doubt the MVC wants the MVFC to have a strong comish.

I doubt UND is added unless they find a 12th member. ISUR, SIU, YSU, MSU and ISUB don't want to fork out another massive check to pay for a Dakota charter flight. Flying a football team around is not exactly cheap, especially when you are a bunch of basketball schools.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    And what were they wearing? Did they have a pretzel? Was Fullerton with them? Were they wearing disguises? Did they point to the UND sideline and laugh? Did they have a sign? Did they yell Bison at the end of the national anthem?

Not nearly enough details for a proper discussion on bisonville.
    Who asked you or is being a smart ass just something you do? I would like to see Douple and Faison talking again after that debacle from a few years ago. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    She has been the Commissioner of this conference for about 30 years. I'm not 100% sure but she might be the only Commissioner it gas ever had.

A comment about available TV deals is ridiculous from people who don't have a clue what is out there. I guess the new rage is to always criticize the professionals and the less you know, the wilder the comments get.

Don't forget that Viverito also works for the MVC. That matters.

Frankly, I could care less how long she has worked for the conference. Empty suit IMO.

I spend a lot of time in SE TX and the Southland has all kinds of exposure and not just local TV and ESPN 3. They are on Fox Sports, MW Network, SEC Network Alternate, Live Stream, American Sports Network, C-USD Digital Network and other Live Streams that are co-streamed thru other networks.

I don't know about other FCS conferences but I think the Big Sky is on multiple media outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Who asked you or is being a smart ass just something you do? I would like to see Douple and Faison talking again after that debacle from a few years ago. That is all.
    Settle down there, tough guy. I actually agree with you for the most part. My questions were more or less hyperbole aimed at the OP.

From the murmurs I've heard the Big Sky wants to jettison UND for all sports besides football. I'm not so sure that the MVFC has any interest in another Dakota school, other than making the conference one step closer to having divisions. Douple, Viverito, and Fullerton do get together from time to time to discuss the western FCS landscape and it's future. As much as they argue against it, UND needs to realize it has much more in common with the Summit and MVFC schools.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I would say the scenario of UND joining the MVFC is far more likely than the scenario of NDSU moving up. NDSU is not moving anywhere any time soon.
    I know it was a purple comment without purple...not that I'd mind if it happened to the right place

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't think Patty V does much at all but she has about four jobs so that is probably part of the problem. I doubt the MVC wants the MVFC to have a strong comish.

I doubt UND is added unless they find a 12th member. ISUR, SIU, YSU, MSU and ISUB don't want to fork out another massive check to pay for a Dakota charter flight. Flying a football team around is not exactly cheap, especially when you are a bunch of basketball schools.
    If you ask me... any MVFC team that whines about travel costs is not committed to D1 athletics. I want teams willing to fund expensive shit like full cost of attendance, get games televised, imcreased coaching salaries, and put money into the program. Not some raggedy D2 mentality like Indiana State who plays I'm a high school football stadium with a car on the sideline. UND may suck but they are dedicated. Nice facilities upgrades, full cost of attendance, etc...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Frankly, I could care less how long she has worked for the conference. Empty suit IMO.

I spend a lot of time in SE TX and the Southland has all kinds of exposure and not just local TV and ESPN 3. They are on Fox Sports, MW Network, SEC Network Alternate, Live Stream, American Sports Network, C-USD Digital Network and other Live Streams that are co-streamed thru other networks.

I don't know about other FCS conferences but I think the Big Sky is on multiple media outlets.
    Mostly Altitude for the BSC.

Would you prefer a weekly featured game that might, or might not, include NDSU in a media deal? Understanding it would probably preclude statewide NBC for all games.

As for expansion, the Summit is where stability is most needed. UND could provide that. MVFC expansion would be the only way that happens. I'm not sure who is all interested. If anything happens I can live with it.

You like her....good for you.

There could be a lot better TV deals for the conference as a whole.
    Has little to do with like or dislike just the facts mvfc is doing well 5 teams in the top 25 and a conference championship settled in the national championship game leads me to believe the conference is healthy