Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Fine with them in the Summit, have zero interest in seeing them in the MVFC.

i could handle this, guessing if they want DI football would be dropped
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fine with them in the Summit, have zero interest in seeing them in the MVFC.
    My thoughts as well, however I don't see them dropping football though. St Cloud on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    i could handle this, guessing if they want DI football would be dropped
    Agreed; don't see how they can support D1 football unless they went in the Patriot League......

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    My thoughts as well, however I don't see them dropping football though. St Cloud on the other hand....
    If either of those teams dropped football, we would bolster our walk on program. That's 99 roster spots that would have to go somewhere and most Minnesota D2 schools have some D1 quality talent left out

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Yeah, SCSU I could see dropping football since they've already considered it. Their field is tiny too.

Minnesota State needs a new stadium with turf.

It's good to keep these schools in mind in case something major happens. On the other hand, you don't want to rush because if the G5 and FCS playoff schools meet in the middle, you don't want schools that aren't ready for that additional challenge.

I don't think UNI, USD, SDSU and NDSU would ever vote a MN school into the MVFC. Too big of a pipeline state for all of them, UNI especially who already has lost a lot of their grip on the Twin Cities. So any MN school would need to drop football or go non-scholarship.

But for other sports I don't think it is as big of deal, in fact I think a MN school would strengthen the Summit a bit.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I don't think UNI, USD, SDSU and NDSU would ever vote a MN school into the MVFC. Too big of a pipeline state for all of them, UNI especially who already has lost a lot of their grip on the Twin Cities. So any MN school would need to drop football or go non-scholarship.

But for other sports I don't think it is as big of deal, in fact I think a MN school would strengthen the Summit a bit.
    I agree on thr Summit. The conference isn't nearly as stable and it's easier to invest in basketball facilities than football. Football is a cash drain if your a weak program. I would be super excited if a few MN D2 teams dropped football completely. It's in our best interest

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I agree on thr Summit. The conference isn't nearly as stable and it's easier to invest in basketball facilities than football. Football is a cash drain if your a weak program. I would be super excited if a few MN D2 teams dropped football completely. It's in our best interest
    Any school without football is a pretty sad place IMO. That goes for High Schools also. Not something I want to see a lot of.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Any school without football is a pretty sad place IMO. That goes for High Schools also. Not something I want to see a lot of.
    Ditto. How much would it really help ndsu anyway.
    College of Business Alumnus

Doesn't MSU-Mankato host Vikings training camp? Dropping football (and deteriorating facilities) would mean losing that, right?

Their basketball arena is DI ready right now.