Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If your issue is how far flug opponents are why isn't YSU on you list? They're hell and gone from not just us, they're the most geographically isolated member of the conference.
    Well from what I understand YSU is worth the drive. I missed them when I lived in Ohio and will probably make a special trip but there is a lot of conversation about how UND's value.

There are schools with considerably less value that nobody worries about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Well from what I understand YSU is worth the drive. I missed them when I lived in Ohio and will probably make a special trip but there is a lot of conversation about how UND's value.

So how bad does UND have to be to counter the fact that they're only 70 miles away? How good does YSU have to be to make up for the fact that they're 1,070 miles away?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    This isn't about you.
    I don't know where I indicated it was. I am simply presenting and argument that shows that UND has value to us, far more than some of our other conference partners.

Might be nice to have a short road trip once in a while. How many conference stadiums have you been to?

I don't know where I indicated it was. I am simply presenting and argument that shows that UND has value to us, far more than some of our other conference partners.

Might be nice to have a short road trip once in a while. How many conference stadiums have you been to?
    If only we got to make decisions for the entire conference based entirely on what was best for us.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

No. YSU is just SIU in another state.
    Dont rain on the Tatanka - StL Bison ,SIU and Mo State, vacation to see relatives parade
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2 of these 3 need to happen (or, at least 1 to open up a spot) before UND makes it into the MVFC:

YSU heads to the CAA or jumps FBS to the MAC
    ISUb drops football or goes non-scholly to the Pioneer
    MSU goes to the Sunbelt

.......and that is it. From there, the Summit League member schools could lobby for another MVFC/Summit member for stability. My first pick would be EIU (slight purple on that last one...)

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    No. YSU is just SIU in another state.
    Dont rain on the Tatanka - StL Bison ,SIU and Mo State, vacation to see relatives parade
    Hey, MoState is a short road trip for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    2 of these 3 need to happen (or, at least 1 to open up a spot) before UND makes it into the MVFC:

YSU heads to the CAA or jumps FBS to the MAC
    ISUb drops football or goes non-scholly to the Pioneer
    MSU goes to the Sunbelt

.......and that is it. From there, the Summit League member schools could lobby for another MVFC/Summit member for stability. My first pick would be EIU (slight purple on that last one...)
    That all seems possible. I think YSU thought the Gateway was going to be ripe for the picking.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    My first pick would be EIU (slight purple on that last one...)
    Not as crazy as you might think. EIU is a former full member of the Summit and current associate. The OVC seems to be on the upswing though, the last few years I thought we might be getting close to EIU deciding it outgrew the OVC and would come back. Not as likely anymore.

The MVFC has no real reason to add anybody right now. The only thing that could change that is if there becomes a more pressing need for stability in the Summit. Things will get very interesting when things start to crystallize between the P5 and G5 conferences. Why? Well, both the MVFC and BSC have a mixture of programs that are at the top of the FCS food chain and those that cannot or will not be financially able to fund football at 85 scholarships, FCOA, and pay their coaching staffs at what the G5 programs are at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The MVFC has no real reason to add anybody right now. The only thing that could change that is if there becomes a more pressing need for stability in the Summit. Things will get very interesting when things start to crystallize between the P5 and G5 conferences. Why? Well, both the MVFC and BSC have a mixture of programs that are at the top of the FCS food chain and those that cannot or will not be financially able to fund football at 85 scholarships, FCOA, and pay their coaching staffs at what the G5 programs are at right now.
    I mostly agree, I'd just like to add that there are also a bunch of G5 programs that will not want to continue to fund football at 85 scholarships, FCOA, and pay their coaching staffs at the level the G5 programs are at now, which is ultimately what will drive the G5 and the FCS together.