Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    ISUb is my closest road trip. I need them to stay!
    They play in a high school stadium with no fan support (the fans that do come are great).
    I think they may be on life support
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They play in a high school stadium with no fan support (the fans that do come are great).
    I think they may be on life support
    OK. then replace them with Eastern Illinois!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The MVFC will enjoy the new facility Western has in the works. We carry our weight in football with a bad facility now so whatever that says for our approach.

Macomb is a classic college town so no regrets. It has taken us too long to catch up but nobody saw the budget in IL being so awful for decades (maybe we saw it coming a little). We aren't the problem or answer ha.

Exactly why expansion of the MVFC unless necessary should halt

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...bozchronsports
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Totally agree.

The problem is that there are political influences.

9 team conferences make the most sense. 7 and 16 with divisions aren't awful.

There was no way UND was going to be denied. The Summit needs em enough that the MVFC had no choice.

I can't think of a single addition that would work like that or others that would make sense.

Would love to get back to 9.

The Big Sky lost their damn minds adding four schools in one swoop.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Hell. I'd be up for adding poly and Davis, if they were part of a package that got the MVFC to 16.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Totally agree.

The problem is that there are political influences.

9 team conferences make the most sense. 7 and 16 with divisions aren't awful.

There was no way UND was going to be denied. The Summit needs em enough that the MVFC had no choice.

I can't think of a single addition that would work like that or others that would make sense.

Would love to get back to 9.

The Big Sky lost their damn minds adding four schools in one swoop.
    I would love Northern Colorado for both if an eastern school ever left

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    MSU, ISUb, WIU all suck. get em out of here. They either suck completely, or have facilities indistinguishable from a crappy high school, or both. (not purple at all)

Add St Johns, St Thomas, Sioux Falls, UW Whitewater, UW Oshkosh, and UMDuluth and have a 14 team super conference!!

I'd prefer not to let tough times for WIU change the identity of the program or school. Western's never had the biggest budget or best facilities in any league we've been in. It won't get better overnight but it's moving in the right direction and the talk of booting us from our own conference is beneath you.

ISUb 391–523–23 (.430) Playoffs: 3 (Div. I FCS)
    1983, 1984, 2014
    Conference titles 1
    1964 Indiana Collegiate

WIU 509–438–38 (.536) Bowl Games 2–1 (.667)
    Playoffs: 7–9 (Div. I FCS) 0–1 (Div. 2)
    Conference titles 13
    1939, 1942, 1949, 1958, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1981, 1988, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002

MSU 631–408–40 (.603) Bowl Games 0-4
    Playoffs:1989 & 1990
    8 Conference Championships
    '28, '40, '48, '51, '63, '68, '78, '89, '90

All this hyperbole and no one discusses how bad the conference commissioner is for the MVFC?
    Last edited by Western4Life; 10-21-2019 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added MSU

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel bad for all the Illinois schools, especially WIU. The state simply has no money, and it's not going to get better. It would not surprise me at all if they slashed budgets even further and forced all the 'small fish' to drop divisions to keep their main U's afloat. That said, both the Summit and MVFC are in danger because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I feel bad for all the Illinois schools, especially WIU. The state simply has no money, and it's not going to get better. It would not surprise me at all if they slashed budgets even further and forced all the 'small fish' to drop divisions to keep their main U's afloat. That said, both the Summit and MVFC are in danger because of that.
    Given North Dakota state government’s meager support for collegiate athletics I’m not sure what to make of this.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie