Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default MVFC Expansion

Very very strange that the Chiefs of both the SL and MVFC were in attendance and sitting right next to each other. There is a lot of speculation about UND getting an invite. Thoughts on this?

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

the last place I want to go to is gf.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Very very strange that the Chiefs of both the SL and MVFC were in attendance and sitting right next to each other. There is a lot of speculation about UND getting an invite. Thoughts on this?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Non-starter for the MVFC right now....but WTF was Tom Douple doing there? That is a fair question, but things would need to change in the MVFC for UND to have a football home.

Patty Viv didn't seem too excited about NDSU FCoA. Guessing NDSU can do what they want and wouldn't be challenged by the conference.

Possible Patty thinks UND would offer a regional team, a check and balance for FCoA recruiting, rival game, and $$$. I assume UND is very interested.

Yup done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Non-starter for the MVFC right now....but WTF was Tom Douple doing there? That is a fair question, but things would need to change in the MVFC for UND to have a football home.
    IMHO, I think this is in the works. I think the SL wants UND to solidify the league. I think Douple was there to make a push. Honestly , I think Youngstown State and Illinois State are lukewarm on the FCS. Would not be surprised to see one of them make a jump.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IMHO, I think this is in the works. I think the SL wants UND to solidify the league. I think Douple was there to make a push. Honestly , I think Youngstown State and Illinois State are lukewarm on the FCS. Would not be surprised to see one of them make a jump.
    Maybe we are moving up and UN_ is replacing us

lol......MVFC will not be added them, ISU siu, UNI, YSU, all will vote no
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Maybe we are moving up and UN_ is replacing us
    I would say the scenario of UND joining the MVFC is far more likely than the scenario of NDSU moving up. NDSU is not moving anywhere any time soon.

Maybe add an eastern Illinois and create east/west or north south divisions? Championship game?

Work toward extra teams in case of some moving.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs;1041008[B
    ]Patty Viv didn't seem too excited about NDSU FCoA[/B]. Guessing NDSU can do what they want and wouldn't be challenged by the conference.

Possible Patty thinks UND would offer a regional team, a check and balance for FCoA recruiting, rival game, and $$$. I assume UND is very interested.

Yup done deal.

Patty V is a worthless commish.....period.