Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
I applaud your effort to answer the question. I do not agree with pretty much any of your points.

1. The rivalry was toxic...better to not have it.
2. Year round discussion has slowed this year? Please. That might be your saddest point...just nothin'.
3. If UND is successful it will make NDSU work harder? This one is just silly. So if we lose to UND it must be real good for us.
4. More media attention. This would most likely be beneficial...but I don't want to sell the Forum short...they can find ways to turn it against NDSU.
5. Raise money and save money? Not sure if this will help raise money...but will that money saved in travel costs offset having another conference member recruiting from 70 miles away? Does their recruiting effect change by switching conferences? My guess is yes.

So, I disagree with everything but maybe one...but I do appreciate the response.
Yeah, I agree with that. The nicest fans thing that Hammersmith posted in the Testify thread? Part of the reason is there are no more toxic rivalries.

Bison sell out every game. We don't need the rivalry anymore, that's just a fact.