Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I think you meant to respond to barnwintersomethingsomething

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I think your right, 56Bison meant to respond to me. We are in a building process and will get better, how much better, time will tell. I've went to many games in Fargo for FB and MBB. Look forward to doing that again done the road, I hope it all goes as planned. There are definitely some hard feelings, but years down the road, this is the best for both U's.
    I still am a little surprised as the way this came out, like a little ahead of time for some reason, like there's more to all this?

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    I think your right, 56Bison meant to respond to me. We are in a building process and will get better, how much better, time will tell. I've went to many games in Fargo for FB and MBB. Look forward to doing that again done the road, I hope it all goes as planned. There are definitely some hard feelings, but years down the road, this is the best for both U's.
    I still am a little surprised as the way this came out, like a little ahead of time for some reason, like there's more to all this?
    Nope. I think you are getting more competitive. Muss killed you guys. Bubba has you guys turning the corner but youve got a lot of work to do. It take time.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    This is the best for UND no doubt about it. Can you explain for me how this is the best for NDSU?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This is the best for UND no doubt about it. Can you explain for me how this is the best for NDSU?
    Well, to be honest, NDSU is only one vote out of 9 in the Summit and one of 10 in the MVFC. Our opinion doesn't really matter.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh....Because it legitimizes the Summit and MVFC? Haven't you been paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Well, to be honest, NDSU is only one vote out of 9 in the Summit and one of 10 in the MVFC. Our opinion doesn't really matter.
    What does that have to do with my question?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I just hopped on the FBS boat. When does this thing take sail?

Lardsin must go!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    It returns the rivalry, it helps the year round discussion of Bison Football as the talk has slowed this year. If UND become successful, NDSU has work to stay at the top which is good for the program. More media attention because of the annual UNd/Bison game will generate more attention. It will help raise money, it will help save money.

The fact that people are upset about something 15 years, get over it. NDSU has moved on and become more successful. Talk, media attention, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    It returns the rivalry, it helps the year round discussion of Bison Football as the talk has slowed this year. If UND become successful, NDSU has work to stay at the top which is good for the program. More media attention because of the annual UNd/Bison game will generate more attention. It will help raise money, it will help save money.

The fact that people are upset about something 15 years, get over it. NDSU has moved on and become more successful. Talk, media attention, its all good.
    I applaud your effort to answer the question. I do not agree with pretty much any of your points.

1. The rivalry was toxic...better to not have it.
    2. Year round discussion has slowed this year? Please. That might be your saddest point...just nothin'.
    3. If UND is successful it will make NDSU work harder? This one is just silly. So if we lose to UND it must be real good for us.
    4. More media attention. This would most likely be beneficial...but I don't want to sell the Forum short...they can find ways to turn it against NDSU.
    5. Raise money and save money? Not sure if this will help raise money...but will that money saved in travel costs offset having another conference member recruiting from 70 miles away? Does their recruiting effect change by switching conferences? My guess is yes.

So, I disagree with everything but maybe one...but I do appreciate the response.