Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

Illinois is corrupt and wastes money therefor they have none. ND is smarter by not over spending. Does NDSU really need more public money for sports?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Illinois is corrupt and wastes money therefor they have none. ND is smarter by not over spending. Does NDSU really need more public money for sports?

ND is smarter than Illinois? OK my friend. Illinois (as a government) is indeed corrupt as are all the other 49, including your lovely local dudes. It is a well distributed human failing. Not limited to public institutions either but you don’t want to get me started on that now...

Back in the day when I was not retired I would have typed but deleted this post rather than hitting “Reply”. But now? F it, this is the benefit of retirement...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Hell. I'd be up for adding poly and Davis, if they were part of a package that got the MVFC to 16.
    Think of the media deal Patty V. Could swing with this?

I would need to pay $10 a month to watch MVFC produced content on ESPN+ and the MVFC gets $0.00 and *exposure.

*hard to get new exposure with paywall for games people wouldn’t ordinarily watch.

Gotta think Amazon Prime or somebody would give them SOMETHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Hoarding money then asking the FED for disaster relief every chance we get is not smart

We have major infastructure issues in this state that have been put on the back burner just so we can brag about how much is in the GF and Legacy Fund, sad
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Hoarding money then asking the FED for disaster relief every chance we get is not smart

We have major infastructure issues in this state that have been put on the back burner just so we can brag about how much is in the GF and Legacy Fund, sad
    Probably true, but I'd rather have ND government than IL government.

I live in NC after growing up in ND and living in MN for almost 20 years. Of the three, my preference of their government would be ND, NC and then MN. NC has low taxes, but some of the insfrastructure is pretty bad. MN has generally really good infrastructure, but some of it is downright wasteful and the taxes are ridiculous. To me, it's not worth it. When we had the opportunity to move to NC, the taxes and cost of living definitely played into our decision. We basically have the same standard of living and now only one of us has to work....which makes my life considerably easier. The weather isn't too bad either Why not ND? It comes down to career opportunities for me, which would be much less lucrative there for what I do.

It does depend on your preferences, for sure.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Or, you know, you could set up recurring revenue streams sufficient to pay of the stuff you need. The legacy fund is one time money.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Or, you know, you could set up recurring revenue streams sufficient to pay of the stuff you need. The legacy fund is one time money.
    Not if you set it up so the principal in the fund is only spent as a revolving loan fund.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

What are the major infrastructure issues you speak of?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Not if you set it up so the principal in the fund is only spent as a revolving loan fund.
    For what? Projects that can’t get bonded any other way?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    For what? Projects that can’t get bonded any other way?
    Allows you to provide more favorable bond terms and the interest payments would go back into the legacy fund. We have a habit of giving large grant percentages to large infrastructure projects in the state because of bond terms that want 100 year assets paid off in 30 years or less. Its not necessarily that these projects aren't affordable, the debt retirement just does not align with the life expectancy of the assets more often than not. With creative bond terms you can reduce the amount of money just given away through grants, have more than one generation pay for the infrastructure multiple generations benefit from, and return the principal and interest to the legacy fund to provide additional revenue into that fund (the oil revenues won't last forever).
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck