Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC Expansion

Default Re: MVFC Expansion

What are the chances of a new trophy being made for the NDSU/UND game?/
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In other news, the new Alerus Center manager has stepped away from the ledge.

I was wondering this myself. They should just reinstate using the nickel, but I'm sure someone would say its racist. Even though it is just a replica of an actual US coin. Obviously, we're hawks and not Sioux (technically), but I still think it would be cool to keep the old rivalry trophy going. Something with history, rather than trying to create something new.

Is Lakes on suicide watch?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by siouxfan512 View Post
    I was wondering this myself. They should just reinstate using the nickel, but I'm sure someone would say its racist. Even though it is just a replica of an actual US coin. Obviously, we're hawks and not Sioux (technically), but I still think it would be cool to keep the old rivalry trophy going. Something with history, rather than trying to create something new.
    The fact that this is a discussion makes me want to puke. 15 years of excellence since leaving you mouth breathers to go back to playing for the ducking nickel. Complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Article said MVFC vote is on Wednesday, and they also said it was expected to pass. So what does this do for the schedule now? Does this trigger us loosing another member like Youngstown?
    JMU to C-USA? YSU to CAA?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    JMU to C-USA? YSU to CAA?
    Ya what an upgrade scenario. Losing a university which has won 4 national championships and adding a university who's fan base tries to discredit FCS national championships.

I'm all for an FBS move if UND gets in the MVFC as an 11th member. That's too many teams and the schedule will be a shit show. I don't care if we have to be an affiliate of the fricking Sunbelt as long as UND isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm all for an FBS move if UND gets in the MVFC as an 11th member. That's too many teams and the schedule will be a shit show. I don't care if we have to be an affiliate of the fricking Sunbelt as long as UND isn't there.
    Time to move. Any scenario with them in the same conference as NDSU is bad. Time to bail.

Not sure which I enjoy more, reading the comments here or the comments from the BSC or bust crowd at SiouxSports.