Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Jacobson

Default Re: Sarah Jacobson

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    I would bet MSUM and UMD would give SDSU and USD a run for their money.
    So you didn't mean half of the NSIC teams would compete for the title?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    By “a run for their money” do you mean that they would come in and run up and down the court for a while if USD and SDSU pays them to do it?

That’s the only way I can make sense of your statement.
    Evidently you haven't seen them play if you think just because a school is d-1 it means their players are that much greater than d-2 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    So you didn't mean half of the NSIC teams would compete for the title?
    Haha, I meant they would be in the upper half of the league.

I would bet MSUM and UMD would give SDSU and USD a run for their money.
    https://gojacks.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8809&path=wbball

A box score from last year that really doesn’t support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    https://gojacks.com/boxscore.aspx?id=8809&path=wbball

A box score from last year that really doesn’t support your argument.
    Also last year's team, not the roster that made it to the 2nd round of the tourney this year. Obviously SDSU has a good program, but some people think the disparity between d-1 and winning d-2 teams is huge and it really isn't.

Also last year's team, not the roster that made it to the 2nd round of the tourney this year. Obviously SDSU has a good program, but some people think the disparity between d-1 and winning d-2 teams is huge and it really isn't.
    I think this is kind of a generalization. Maybe the disparity between winning D2 and some D1 teams is not that great. Get out of the mid-majors and the teams you are referring to would get destroyed.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think this is kind of a generalization. Maybe the disparity between winning D2 and some D1 teams is not that great. Get out of the mid-majors and the teams you are referring to would get destroyed.
    Absolutely agree

And it also wasn’t the SDSU team that is a 6 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Now I don’t disagree that the top NSIC teams could battle the middle of the pack Summit teams, but right now USD and SDSU are significantly better than the top teams of the NSIC. SDSU plays at least 1 NSIC exhibition game every year and since 2010 only 1 game has been closer than 22 points. Now I’m not saying they play the top team every year, but the games are typically 30+ point affairs. But granted they are also always in Frost so that certainly plays a role, but I would expect both SD schools would roll through the NSIC, at least right now.

Another thing to consider is that playing one game against a D1 team is much different than playing D1 every game. Exhibition games are much different in a regular season game.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by summitfever View Post
    Another thing to consider is that playing one game against a D1 team is much different than playing D1 every game. Exhibition games are much different in a regular season game.
    Now you are sounding like every internet guy from an FBS school whose football team was whomped by the Bison.