Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: How bad is Wyoming?

Default Re: How bad is Wyoming?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Wow, Bohl loses 31-13. I really do think NDSU made Bohl successful and not the other way around.
    Other than a serious turnover since day one, there shouldn't really be the need to do things much different than the way he did it here. I think ndsu could step into the MW right now and finish in the upper third easily. So if he changes nothing, he should have a decent team in 3 years. The problem is it will be a huge jump from the product they are putting out now to what should be expected next year. The more they fall, the more I wonder if I am wrong about the school giving him time. The redeeming factor for Bohl in all of this is no one wants to buy out a coach before they are half way through their contract.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Man, I hope Wyoming starts winning pretty soon. Beating Air Force would be a good start.

Christ almighty. Wyoming is just bumming me out.

Every coach that moves on I pull for and hope they do well. There is a part of NDSU within all of our previous coaches and I for one am proud of that. Proud that an NDSU product was looked at, and though so highly of, that another program wanted to tap into that and hire one of our coaches. And so, I also think that any future success for our previous coaches reflects well on NDSU.

I really hope something can turn Wyoming around...not sure what that would be at this point.
    This Post is copyrighted by Bisonville for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this Post, or of any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the Post without Bisonville's express written consent, is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonville GasMan View Post
    Christ almighty. Wyoming is just bumming me out.

Every coach that moves on I pull for and hope they do well. There is a part of NDSU within all of our previous coaches and I for one am proud of that. Proud that an NDSU product was looked at, and though so highly of, that another program wanted to tap into that and hire one of our coaches. And so, I also think that any future success for our previous coaches reflects well on NDSU.

I really hope something can turn Wyoming around...not sure what that would be at this point.
    Majority of the time I agree with you, but for a few reasons I enjoy watching this dumpster fire. Altough if he gets bounced I would welcome him back as a linebacker coach

Bohl looked like a defeated old man in his last post game presser. He seemed to look like a guy who sold his soul to the devil only to later regret his decision and realize he's screwed.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

I don't understand how people think they can take the aura of the Bison out of Fargo? Is there a big time Bison coach that even came close to winning big after leaving NDSU?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I don't understand how people think they can take the aura of the Bison out of Fargo? Is there a big time Bison coach that even came close to winning big after leaving NDSU?

Gus Bradley?? Maybe you're talking head coaches. Gil Dobie (yeah had to stretch a bit!) Erhardt did ok except his last two stints in NFL??

That said how we should take ourselves out of being a stepping stone!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Majority of the time I agree with you, but for a few reasons I enjoy watching this dumpster fire. Altough if he gets bounced I would welcome him back as a linebacker coach
    If it makes FBS programs reconsider snaking our coaches and local kids choose NDSU over Wyoming, then lose on Wyoming, lose on.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Jim Wacker although he had a terrrible record at TCU which somehow earned him the Gophers job in which he was even worse. He had 2 winning record in 13 years in the FBS
    Ron Ehrhadt was a great NFL offensive coordinator.
    Darrell Mudra did good as a D1AA/College Division coach after leaving NDSU but had 2 bad years at Florida

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Jim Wacker although he had a terrrible record at TCU which somehow earned him the Gophers job in which he was even worse. He had 2 winning record in 13 years in the FBS
    Ron Ehrhadt was a great NFL offensive coordinator.
    Darrell Mudra did good as a D1AA/College Division coach after leaving NDSU but had 2 bad years at Florida
    When people name an offense after you and still use it, that is a pretty positive mark a person has left on the game.