Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take to average a 19,000+ sellout??

Default Re: What would it take to average a 19,000+ sellou

Quote Originally Posted by m_olslund
    [quote author=Katohtr link=1154060725/60#65 date=1154457451][quote author=m_olslund link=1154060725/60#64 date=1154455316]remove the roof
    You're suggesting that removing the roof will get you your sellout?? *You are aware that Fargo is in the state of ND, and that football is played primarily in the coldest months that the great state of ND has to offer? *That being said, I will agree that an outdoor football game IS a lot better...same with baseball. *If North Dakota could just find a way to turn the AC down a little in the winter....

I had to take tickets at football games at the old Memorial Stadium as part of a fundraiser for my program. *My personal opinion on a roof-less football field in ND....no thanks. *I'll stay at home and watch it on the tube (if it were to be televised anyway). *North Dakota just is too windy to have a mild winter, it seems that it always must be in the "sub zero" temperatures throughout the months of November, December, and January.
    [/quote]

I'm not sure if it would help fill 19,000 seats but the people that I talk to at games that are true fans miss being outside and that atmosphere that surrounded games at Dakotah Field. *I think that atmosphere would help create more hype and make it more of an event. *It's not cold like Fargo but not warm either at University of *Montana in November.
    [/quote]
    SCHEDULE< SCHEDULE< SCHEDULE WIN<WIN<WIN

There are Bison fans and Sioux fans that say I am nuts......but I love football outside......even in December.....

With a bottle of Schnapps.
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by sambini
    With a bottle of Schnapps.
    And a redheaded target ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN
    There are Bison fans and Sioux fans that say I am nuts......but I love football outside......even in December.....
    If you're playin' in December it's all good...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

broke_back_mnt Guest

The smallest crowd ever at the FFD was larger than a Dacotah Field sell out. That tells you something. People in Fargo like Indoor football. Why let the weather decide the game?

Sticks Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    The smallest crowd ever at the FFD was larger than a Dacotah Field sell out. *That tells you something. *People in Fargo like Indoor football. *Why let the weather decide the game?
    Very good point. *However, wouldn't us 'northern folk' consider outdoor football up here an advantage? *Especially to you guys in I-AA that play a couple of West Coast teams...

Quote Originally Posted by JBB
    The smallest crowd ever at the FFD was larger than a Dacotah Field sell out. *That tells you something. *People in Fargo like Indoor football. *Why let the weather decide the game?
    Are you sure about that, JBB?? Dacotah Field had a capacity of 15,500. The smallest crowd I know of that ever attended a Bison game at the Fargodome was in 2002 when Northern Colorado came to town and there was a crowd of around 6,000. But we were a team in the total dumps back then.

Although I will say that all those high attendance marks of 19,000-plus (almost 20,000 for 1989 Homecoming) at Dacotah Field were all crap, and obviously guessed upon.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

broke_back_mnt Guest

I checked my records and of course your right. *Dacotah Field was 15,000. *

There have been a few games with less than 10,000 at the Fabulous Fargo Dome, *but it is rare. *A crowd of 10,000 plus at Dacotah Field was also rare. *It happened but no way did the best season at Dacotah field equal the worst at the FFD. *

Moving inside really brought out the BISON fans. *Why let the weather be the deciding factor? *Inside football is the best.

I would attend 1, maybe 2 games a year if it were outside. I made every home game the last 6 years. I must be a fair weather fan....but what the heck. Give me the Dome anyday. Those of you that still want the outdoor stadium are dilusional and living in the past!!