Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take to average a 19,000+ sellout??

Gamehunter Guest

Default Re: What would it take to average a 19,000+ sellou

wouldn't that be nice if we could have both? Maybe a 25k outdoor for the first few evening games that have excellent weather plus ALL playoff games irregaurdless of weather and the bad weather regular season games at the Dome. What a pipe dream that is, but hey, it sounds good ;D

Beer ;D

Default I LIKE BEER!!

BEER BEER BEER!!

ROB at Fargodome said " YES we can have BEER, but NDSU (Dr Chapman) has declined it.

put the pressure on chapman!!

lets have a freakin PARTY at that DOME!!

Here's the thing, though. The dome has much better numbers, but it is full of "fair-weather fans." The people who went to the outdoor games were true Bison. It also helped at playoff time to bring a southern team up here to play in the cold. Now there was adding a 12th member to the team. I understand the recruiting aspect and all that. I know things aren't going to change. Just miss the outdoor games...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Default What would it take to average a 19,000+ sellout??

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison
    BEER BEER BEER!!

ROB at Fargodome said " YES we can have BEER, but NDSU (Dr Chapman) has declined it.

put the pressure on chapman!!

lets have a freakin PARTY at that DOME!!
    You have your party in the tailgating lot. *I picture beer in the dome causing big time problems. *We've all seen those people who come to the dome drunk and get kicked out. I've seen plenty of them in the student section. *This doesn't apply to everyone as the majority know how the drink responsibly. That said, the fact remains this state has big time problems with binge drinking amongst college aged students. *Allowing beer in the Dome would just magnify the problems. *I can see it now...people more interested in getting their next beer, than they are in the game itself. *If you want your beer, have it in the tailgating lot or get it at a bar. *We don't need beer in the dome to get more fans. *If beer in the dome is the only thing that makes them come, then they aren't really a Bison fan. * *

The Dome itself should a large enough home field advantage. Very few teams play indoors, especially the Southern teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison
    Here's the thing, though. *The dome has much better numbers, but it is full of "fair-weather fans." *The people who went to the outdoor games were true Bison. *It also helped at playoff time to bring a southern team up here to play in the cold. *Now there was adding a 12th member to the team. *I understand the recruiting aspect and all that. *I know things aren't going to change. *Just miss the outdoor games...
    Well said TransAMBison. More so called fans in the dome usually means more of the living dead. I just wish more true fans would show up for the games. The old days of clearing snow off your bleacher seat are gone. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison
    [quote author=TransAmBison link=1154060725/75#83 date=1154604668]Here's the thing, though. *The dome has much better numbers, but it is full of "fair-weather fans." *The people who went to the outdoor games were true Bison. *It also helped at playoff time to bring a southern team up here to play in the cold. *Now there was adding a 12th member to the team. *I understand the recruiting aspect and all that. *I know things aren't going to change. *Just miss the outdoor games...
    Well said TransAMBison. *More so called fans in the dome usually means more of the living dead. *I just wish more true fans would show up for the games. *The old days of clearing snow off your bleacher seat are gone. * :'( *[/quote]

+++

One thing the dome does provide that an outdoor venue could not is the ability to turn out the lights and have the best pregame entrance in all of college football outside of Blacksburg (Virginia Tech with a packed Lane Stadium all jumping up and down to "Enter Sandman" for five minutes is unbelievable).

I've seen Boston College and Oklahoma over the past couple of years and they don't even come close to the Bison entrance with the lights, the video and the tunnel walk.

Beer

Quote Originally Posted by markerman
    One thing the dome does provide that an outdoor venue could not is the ability to turn out the lights and have the best pregame entrance in all of college football outside of Blacksburg (Virginia Tech with a packed Lane Stadium all jumping up and down to "Enter Sandman" for five minutes is unbelievable). *

I've seen Boston College and Oklahoma over the past couple of years and they don't even come close to the Bison entrance with the lights, the video and the tunnel walk.