Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Game: @SDSU

Default Upcoming Game: @SDSU

Is this years Jacks team legit? As in can Stig lead them to multiple playoff victories?

I didn't anticipate SDSU being particularly formidable this season after the loss of Zenner and Sumner. However, Lujan is likely an upgrade at QB and Mengarelli has had a great start to the season (averaging nearly 8 ypc). Wieneke is a stud, but that was already established. The Kansas win gets the FBS monkey off their back and I would anticipate that after the Robert Morris matchup we'll be playing a 3-0 team with a pile of confidence.

It may not be a stretch that this road game (albeit with a healthy group of Bison fans on hand) will be our toughest conference challenge of the year.

Default Re: Upcoming Game: @SDSU

Also, will they ever schedule Hobo day for an NDSU game? Of the few things Brookings has to offer, that one intrigues me the most.

I think the SoDakers will be happy they upgraded their staduim, because I have a feeling they will be hosting multiple playoff games later this year.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by grizlandbisonfan View Post
    Is this years Jacks team legit? As in can Stig lead them to multiple playoff victories?

I didn't anticipate SDSU being particularly formidable this season after the loss of Zenner and Sumner. However, Lujan is likely an upgrade at QB and Mengarelli has had a great start to the season (averaging nearly 8 ypc). Wieneke is a stud, but that was already established. The Kansas win gets the FBS monkey off their back and I would anticipate that after the Robert Morris matchup we'll be playing a 3-0 team with a pile of confidence.

It may not be a stretch that this road game (albeit with a healthy group of Bison fans on hand) will be our toughest conference challenge of the year.
    Ha, I see what you're doing here...check pos rep

Not sold on Lujan barely over 50% against Kansas and his receivers made him look good on plenty of catches. Weinke made his numbers look good

Against UNI and ISU-Red last year 50% or a little above with around 40 attempts per game.

Really won't be tested until NDSU this year. They were only 5 of 14 on 3rd down against Kansas.

I was impressed with Mengarelli in last years PO game. Even though he had only a few touches he made the most of them. I think they should have used him more last year. Jacks could be very tough this year.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I was impressed with Mengarelli in last years PO game. Even though he had only a few touches he made the most of them. I think they should have used him more last year. Jacks could be very tough this year.

Defense - better than last year
    QB - Not much of a drop off to Lujan
    RB - Better depth than in the past, and mengarelli is good.
    WR - Better overall this year

Those that were saying that SDSU is rebuilding and will be an easy win are not paying attention. Could be better overall than last year. Last year was a top 5 easy. Ndsu snuck out of the dome with a win . . . we were somewhat fortunate in the playoff game. On the road, that is likely as SDSU win. 2015 will be a heck of a battle.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

I think a team can fall into the trap of relying too heavily on one single player. That may indeed have been the case with the Jacks the last few years, and I also think that is Stig's personality as a head coach.

I thought our rivals would be down quite a bit this season, but I'm not so sure now. Certainly shaping up, so far, as potentially our toughest remaining game, among many tough ones yet to come.

Wieneke .vs. CJ Smith will be fun to watch.

The are legit and are (in my opinion) on the short list of teams that can win it all this year.

I watch the highlights of Weinke (and those big receivers that Montana) had, and can't help but wonder what a 6'4" receiver with decent speed and hops would do in our offense. Those big guys in 1 on 1 coverage would have a field day with Walker/Jensen/Wentz/Stick throwing to them.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.